Sign in to follow this  
Bangersanmash

Derick wheeler

7 hours ago, stop.end said:

When you say sourced from the man himself, lol you were guaranteed a good story to sell pups.. From stuff that looked the part but was actually Chinese sweat shop material...

You should never mix leather and rubber. 

I was talking breeders in general mate .I got  mine from Derrick pretty early on in his breeding so like to think it was his stuff .Heard stories since though that weren’t what you’d like to hear but only stories mind .
Seems to be the way to go to slag anyone that has anything of worth rather than take it for what it is .Nuttal being the exception .

• Like 1

I’m not knocking anyone who uses bull influencers terriers fd I’m talking from experience, I bred some and was given pups over the years but recently within the last 20yr I wouldn’t add it to the blood I have. If the right terriers are bred from you do not need any bull in any shape or form. 👍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stop.end said:

When you say sourced from the man himself, lol you were guaranteed a good story to sell pups.. From stuff that looked the part but was actually Chinese sweat shop material...

You should never mix leather and rubber. 

did you know dw ? 

3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I was talking breeders in general mate .I got  mine from Derrick pretty early on in his breeding so like to think it was his stuff .Heard stories since though that weren’t what you’d like to hear but only stories mind .
Seems to be the way to go to slag anyone that has anything of worth rather than take it for what it is .Nuttal being the exception .

did he not sell litters on from  his own stuff that was out on loan deals  ... internets done the terrier job no favours regards slagging people off and running breeds down and on the other hand bulling terriers up if you look at of of the shit the yanks put up for example , 

Edited by sid g

3 hours ago, sid g said:

did he not sell litters on from  his own stuff that was out on loan deals  ... internets done the terrier job no favours regards slagging people off and running breeds down and on the other hand bulling terriers up if you look at of of the shit the yanks put up for example , 

Out of like per norm Sid but you are spot on with internet slagging .Im no angel slagging off Nuttal but saw what went  on with my own eyes and very blatant might add .I was there one day when he had a young dog that was returned  for whatever reason in a kennel near where I was looking in with a bitch  and Brian commented he had a lad coming for it that day .We were still there shooting the shit when lad arrives and was told dog was untried and that Brian was going to keep it back for himself but no kennel space .Couldn’t wait to shut the kennel behind it lol.

Never did find out why it was a return but dog looked old enough to have had a look .

Could go on but all history now .Plenty of lads heard the stories but still had stuff off him .Demand at one time was so high he bought in any black terrier to meet sales and started any sales pitch with “goes way back too .....“.lol.

Would of liked  to have known him when he started the early stuff as I’m sure he was a genuine guy back then .He knew they bloke I had my early stuff off which was good enough for me .

10 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Out of like per norm Sid but you are spot on with internet slagging .Im no angel slagging off Nuttal but saw what went  on with my own eyes and very blatant might add .I was there one day when he had a young dog that was returned  for whatever reason in a kennel near where I was looking and Brian commented he had a lad coming for it that day .We were still there shooting the shit when lad arrives and was told dog was untried and that Brian was going to keep it back for himself but no kennel space .Couldn’t wait to shut the kennel behind it lol.

Never did find out why it was a return but dog looked old enough to have had a look .

Could go on but all history now .Plenty of lads heard the stories but still had stuff off him .Demand at one time was so high he bought in any black terrier to meet sales and started any sales pitch with “goes way back too .....“.lol.

i could tell you a lot of stuff i`ve seen and heard over the years  tbh --  all part n parcel of the terrier game . myths n magic bullshit n lies someone once said to me take out of it what you can and be true to your self and you cant go wrong ..

Edited by sid g
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sid g said:

did you know dw ? 

No... But I know a few men from England who kept it and knew him well they also knew SE... I never rated any of the terriers from them lines except one DW X SE  black bitch but unfortunately she was dug to dead at the age of 5. 

12 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Well I'm not slagging  anyone as I've said above I didn't know the man personally but I have dug over dogs direct from his yard... I have dug over a hell of a lot more stuff direct from nuttals yard.. And didn't know him either.  My terriers would have bull in there make up but not for over 40 years... But you can still see it in some pups 

Is there much stuff about now a days that goes back to the original nuttall/ wheeler lines

There was lots of folks keeping them Wheeler things at one time... Fallen by the way side now.folks seem to have  moved onto other stuff.. There's better lines/families of dogs for consistent digging imo, . I know a few German lads who payed through the nose for Wheeler stuff a few yrs back..... Didn't work out for them when they mixed it up with what they already had😬shame they had their pants pulled down by lieing robbing cnuts👍Photo0196.jpg.2b937a81a1b038d62b7477f1e354aa87.jpg

• Sad 1

Not fallen by the wayside lol just absorbed into the black terriers we have now . There arnt many who can claim  they have kept anything pure from the original breeder .To many lads ,pats are just pats nowadays with no label just black terriers .Years back it was the norm to claim that this and that went back to x or y but nowadays that’s just mostly out the window I’d say .
My take on it is that Wheeler dogs were in part produced to meet the market at the time when big bone ,large heads were in fashion at a time when laws were much more relaxed than they are now .

If I had my time again I would stay away from them as the dog aggression ,looking back was just a royal pain in the arse .Still surfaces today but learnt to get on it before too much damage is done .

Unless sore as hell and knackered ,the first dog I had from him was an out and out c**t to keep and nowadays would be classed as a liability .Until I moved away from the blood later i never knew what a calm terrier was tbh .
Cant say the work suffered for it mind as I was young and keen and gave them as much as they could handle .
Id say the era of that type of terrier has well and truly gone tbh .

• Like 4