the mountain dead lift record

2 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

he did look "comfortable" lifting that weight but how long can a man of such bulk stay healthy.he is way beyond the limits of the human body allready.

I agree....the window of opportunity for absolute peak of health,strength and attitude is very small if a guy like that is touching his limit at 500kg he can forget ever adding another 20% on top.

Massive feelings of awe for someone that can lift that much but beating the record by only 1kg after Eddie Hall smashed it 4 years ago seems quite pathetic to me. 

On that momentous day Hall could have lifted more IMO, Thor looked to do the 501 easier so he had more in the tank, why not use it? 

4 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I find these stats quite interesting, regards how a hundred years has effected athletic results, I'd imagine javelin throwers were better a thousand years back than in 1912 lol. Mad how little improvement when you thinking about the improvement of training diet drugs medicine etc.

https://academic.oup.com/bmb/article/87/1/7/339265

I haven't read the article but events like Javelin and such are not easy to judge as equipment does change over the years, the same can so be said for every running event as well. 

19 hours ago, .357shooter said:

did eddie not nearly kill himself with that lift and that is why he stopped wsm

It messed him up for a bit but he stopped wsm because his goal was to win it and he said once he won it he would have achieved what he set out to do and that would be it