Any of you lads heard of her???

New Dawns Malinois re-homing service, 

I'm looking at getting a Malinios was all set on a pup until I came across this site, theres a few on there that caught my eye some at the right age to still bring on.

I've tried ringing but got no answer and sent a few Emails but no answer? So as said has anybody heard of her or does anyone know of her and is she still operating.

ATB.......Del 

8 hours ago, C.green said:

What makes ya wanna rescue one mate ? Go n get a sensible puppy knock that silly ragging most breeders encourage them to do out of it bring it up asyou would any dog youll be grand.

Depends on the dog pal, I ain't just going to take any rescue dog on, age temperament ect, I've had rescues before, Rotties and they both turned out bang on, but saying that I've a litter to look at in 5-6 weeks fingers crossed. 

Same as Deswal; with re-home dogs you have to see it and spend time with it as well as, if possible finding out as much about the dog's history as you can. A lot of dogs in sanctuaries are there because of problems with the owners, not the dogs, but you need to assess it properly just in case it has got a major issue.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Same as Deswal; with re-home dogs you have to see it and spend time with it as well as, if possible finding out as much about the dog's history as you can. A lot of dogs in sanctuaries are there because of problems with the owners, not the dogs, but you need to assess it properly just in case it has got a major issue.

Very true, one dog she has or had in caught my eye, it was there after failing some police training, so the previous ownership of that dog is not in question

1 minute ago, delswal said:

Very true, one dog she has or had in caught my eye, it was there after failing some police training, so the previous ownership of that dog is not in question

The police dog failures can be cracking dogs as they should only be failed for faults that would not cause the public any harm such as searching or tracking. Those that are too aggressive end up patrolling compounds in Afghanistan.  ?

just as a link to the press issue on the Coronavirus thread; we once failed a GSD for lack of motivation. To be perfectly honest it should never have started a course let alone been licensed but that is internal politics. Anyway, the dog was passed onto a local newspaper reporter who was told of the dog's issues. He either mis-heard or more probably exaggerated the facts when he did a short piece for the Rotherham local paper telling readers about his new dog. As always happens, other local newspapers read the article and copied it, each exaggerating the issues even more. Then the dailies got it and it went international. I took a phone call from an Australian journalist asking if it was true that the dog had fallen asleep when sent to chase a fleeing suspect?  The dog was fecking bad, but not that bad. He had read it in an American paper. and that is how we get our daily news.

?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Nicepix said:

The police dog failures can be cracking dogs as they should only be failed for faults that would not cause the public any harm such as searching or tracking. Those that are too aggressive end up patrolling compounds in Afghanistan.  ?

just as a link to the press issue on the Coronavirus thread; we once failed a GSD for lack of motivation. To be perfectly honest it should never have started a course let alone been licensed but that is internal politics. Anyway, the dog was passed onto a local newspaper reporter who was told of the dog's issues. He either mis-heard or more probably exaggerated the facts when he did a short piece for the Rotherham local paper telling readers about his new dog. As always happens, other local newspapers read the article and copied it, each exaggerating the issues even more. Then the dailies got it and it went international. I took a phone call from an Australian journalist asking if it was true that the dog had fallen asleep when sent to chase a fleeing suspect?  The dog was fecking bad, but not that bad. He had read it in an American paper. and that is how we get our daily news.

?

I've been offered a pup out of these two for next to nothing, not that the price has anything to do with it. Both are excellent guard / yard dogs with good temperaments around other dogs and children. I'm looking for something to bring on as a tracking dog and a home guard this breed seems to tick the boxes for me

IMG_0929.PNG

• Like 1

If u want sommat decent f**k the failed polcie dog off just go buy a chancy pup worlds never been smaller and prob never been easier to find what your after out of oarents behaving/working exactly how ya want. My pal got a mali under 6 month old indicating and searching already

31 minutes ago, delswal said:

I've been offered a pup out of these two for next to nothing, not that the price has anything to do with it. Both are excellent guard / yard dogs with good temperaments around other dogs and children. I'm looking for something to bring on as a tracking dog and a home guard this breed seems to tick the boxes for me

IMG_0929.PNG

Both those dogs look like they have gsd blood in them. 

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, C.green said:

If u want sommat decent f**k the failed polcie dog off just go buy a chancy pup worlds never been smaller and prob never been easier to find what your after out of oarents behaving/working exactly how ya want. My pal got a mali under 6 month old indicating and searching already

Interesting comment. Given that we don't know why the dog failed I don't see how you can dismiss it off hand. Just because your mate got lucky doesn't mean that there aren't others who ended up with problem dogs. Also, you can't base judgement on pup's future ability based purely on one generation's abilities. Good, reliable breeding takes many generations and even then, even with the best breeders, you get poor specimens.

My view has always been that when you view a pup you can never be really sure how it will turn out. But if you view a young dog, say under 12 months old, you can already see the potential and the faults.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Yeah exactly mate. They look a strong couple of dogs ?

They seem  to be out  crossing them to gsds, to get bigger stronger dogs, I've seen couple bel mals 26in 75lb,  bel mal norm dont get this big, it deff the gsd in them, and just look these dogs heads,  mals don't norm get stro ng heads  like that. The other thi d to it as well, think it was done to improve the gsds hips HD and shoulder probs in the breed, as mals are better being smaller dogs. A pup from them 2  you deff get good guard dog, as been said with a y pup it's a gamble how they turn out. 

19 minutes ago, bird said:

They seem  to be out  crossing them to gsds, to get bigger stronger dogs, I've seen couple bel mals 26in 75lb,  bel mal norm dont get this big, it deff the gsd in them, and just look these dogs heads,  mals don't norm get stro ng heads  like that. The other thi d to it as well, think it was done to improve the gsds hips HD and shoulder probs in the breed, as mals are better being smaller dogs. A pup from them 2  you deff get good guard dog, as been said with a y pup it's a gamble how they turn out. 

?

You still in touch with billhardy, he must know of a few of these crosses?

Edited by shaaark
19 minutes ago, bird said:

Buck over a gsd could make a bigger stronger healthier mutt, be interesting to see imo 

• Like 3