Decent budget rifle scope

I'm looking for a budget scope to start shooting around 100 yards, and work up to about 500 as that is the line of site I have out back. A scope recommendation, or even what numbers and magnification I should be looking for is greatly appreciated, thanks.

what is your intended purpose for the scope (hunting, target shooting, precision shooting, etc?).

It will determine what people will suggest.

Guys at Vortex recommended Vortex Optics Spitfire Prism rifle scope, which is budget friendly scope and has more quality and features than others.

• 8 months later...

I was guna ask same Q so any advice would be good I want 50mm so got max light when shooting a t dusk and dawn. Also needs to have parllax. Will be used for hunting rats rabbits and woodies. Will also be used with add on night vision. Thanks

On 11/04/2020 at 04:27, NorKelw said:

I'm looking for a budget scope to start shooting around 100 yards, and work up to about 500 as that is the line of site I have out back. A scope recommendation, or even what numbers and magnification I should be looking for is greatly appreciated, thanks.

What sort of gun/calibre are you intending to shoot at the ranges  you state and what sort of quarry / target. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/04/2020 at 04:27, NorKelw said:

I assume a centrefire at those distances, so you will need some reasonable glass and reasonable engineering.  I'm not sure what your definition of budget is if you intend to spend more than a Sidewinder.

They are ok budget scopes, but can get a bit milky at high magnification.

Magnification is very personal, 8x does me fine out to about 300-400 yards, but I know people who use 32x at 100 yards!

Edited by Deker
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/01/2021 at 19:41, Hullman said:

Was looking to spend a bit more than that to be honnest seems a bit cheep to be any good?

I was thinking the same tbh thought good gear cost more...? My guess was upto or around £1k..?

Edited by Stone14