Home made jerky/billtong

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea I make jerky but make mine out of beef skirt in a dehydrator did a few posts in living of the land section. Mainly marinate in. Soy Sause Worcestershire sause Black pepper Liqu

Mine turned out alright 4hrs approx in the oven i cant taste the liquid smoke and i put 1/2tbsp in, this is probably due to the korean bbq sauce being rather strong but otherwise its a

The jerky i made the other day my lad ate the lot so now for a different batch. Managed to grab a bottle of liquid smoke and to be fair its rather damn smokey  going to put a teaspoon i

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Your in a good place for many types of meat and game to try, have ya ever tried moose jerky?

to be fair nope

i tend to use crappy pieces of meat for jerky but there is lots

i know who use moose,elk,deer,bear.

moose meat hasnt really got that much flavour and i only use goose as i have bags of it

3 hours ago, hambone said:

I tried a batch using rainbow trout, it was vile ?

Were they lake caught rainbows or river trout?? I had salmon jerky and it was a food of the gods. The reason I ask is there’s totally different flavours between river and lake caught fish

2 minutes ago, hambone said:

lake caught from Chew reservoir Bristol. I had a load so thought I would give it a try, most of the info I found online said that white fish made better jerky though.

Maybe then oul steroid fed trout are no good, il stick with the salmon and when in season il try mackerel