37 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Yes it's surprising considering how wet winter was but with the daffs out birds nesting I'm hoping for the robin and blue tits to return again this year  the peregrines are back I saw one last night and I was watching the first bee of the year the other day just waiting for the swallows now might even start reading books again in the garden with a cold beer watching the birds and the bees going about there duties 

I always loved my winters for my hunting trips but the last couple of seasons me old mind sets changed a bit, I now look forward to the spring/summer days.  There’s been a pair of house martins/swallows  trying to build a nest by our bedroom window last summer which they have got no where near finishing. I am hoping they will be back this summer it’s. Had a pair of blue tits nest in a bird box on the neighbours side the fence post just 12ft from our back door it was a pleasure to watch them feeding the chicks, what a busy pair of parents they were. The neighbour said there was 6 chicks in the box

• Like 3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somewhere I would love to go have been inthralled by its recovery since it happened, watched a program about dormice there some years back, doormice the world over have two litters a year to maintain

A good subject and something I’m quite intrigued by is how fast nature is reclaiming it’s rightful place in the world, goats in the streets of wales, dolphins in Italian harbours swans on the canals o

My usual walk with kids. Extended it a field tonight.   The extra field I thought what a nice spot to live. Great during bbq weather

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Birch water is the latest big health drink in the states mate don’t think it’s meant to be like maple more like coconut water, it’s a really small window when they are fully drawing around a fortnight it think ?

I seen a programme of ray mears tapping trees so thought I would try it.

It was very drinkable even my 2 lads had a drink.

My mistake I thought it was meant to be reduced.

Hey GM I remember you mentioning that little white cottage by the stream a while ago.

Now that place would be spot on for this social distancing that's going on..

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I never knew that interesting fact that greyman is it just the birch or can you do it with any tree just curious 

Not sure about other trees but I assume some can after all it’s the same method as you get maple syrup ?

3 minutes ago, king said:

I seen a programme of ray mears tapping trees so thought I would try it.

It was very drinkable even my 2 lads had a drink.

My mistake I thought it was meant to be reduced.

Hey GM I remember you mentioning that little white cottage by the stream a while ago.

Now that place would be spot on for this social distancing that's going on..

Wish I was there now mate must admit, as long as you were stocked up you probably wouldn’t even notice the world had gone mad 

4949554C-5369-40B1-8FDE-B4F56047C0DE.jpeg

C37F09E9-8859-41E2-8FCE-EC92306FEC27.jpeg

• Like 1

And just to add GM I tapped silver birch trees that were 30ft + that were growing on an old slag tip.

So the nutrient content of that ground must of been very low.

And have seen the sides of slag tips planted with trees that seem to love the ground after 25yrs the trees have grown an amazing amount.

So thinking of that you could plant trees in any ground and they would grow very well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

There's shoals of fish returning to Venice canals now  the water as become Crystal  clear there is herds of deer roaming the streets of Japan even wild boar roaming some towns in Italy during  the middle of the day 

Wild boar been through Cinderford for years, also Germany they got problems with them in suburbs. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Wish I was there now mate must admit, as long as you were stocked up you probably wouldn’t even notice the world had gone mad 

4949554C-5369-40B1-8FDE-B4F56047C0DE.jpeg

C37F09E9-8859-41E2-8FCE-EC92306FEC27.jpeg

Lovely place I allways used to look at it while driving past thinking who lived there.

Tap the farmer up he might rent it out for a bargain price to you now.

It's making no money with no-one in it.

Stock up on grub tins and get down there. 

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Wild boar been through Cinderford for years, also Germany they got problems with them in suburbs. 

Didn’t they shoot one in a school a few years ago near Lyndsey ??

1 minute ago, king said:

Lovely place I allways used to look at it while driving past thinking who lived there.

Tap the farmer up he might rent it out for a bargain price to you now.

It's making no money with no-one in it.

Stock up on grub tins and get down there. 

I take it you are one of the motorcycle brigade that come from all over to scream along the road, see some pretty impressive bikes and even cars going along there, a welsh lad I know popped over to visit me when I was up there and he got all excited by his past biking exploits along there, could live off the road kill sheep up there if needed ?

25 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I always loved my winters for my hunting trips but the last couple of seasons me old mind sets changed a bit, I now look forward to the spring/summer days.  There’s been a pair of house martins/swallows  trying to build a nest by our bedroom window last summer which they have got no where near finishing. I am hoping they will be back this summer it’s. Had a pair of blue tits nest in a bird box on the neighbours side the fence post just 12ft from our back door it was a pleasure to watch them feeding the chicks, what a busy pair of parents they were. The neighbour said there was 6 chicks in the box

Have a look online for designs to build them a nest mate.and get it screwed up as soon as. they might get in there within a few weeks.

We have 2 nests of sparrows in the roof every year.the wife keeps the bird table stocked up for them.

You can sit on the patio and they fly down over your head every minute it seems to the table and back.

And yet you can't hear a noise from the bedrooms of bathrooms below the nests. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yeah shot one in school grounds, dunno if it was lydney way, there was cemetery Cinderford way I think had problems with fallow eating the flowers out on graves. 

Needs more predators up there ?

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

I take it you are one of the motorcycle brigade that come from all over to scream along the road, see some pretty impressive bikes and even cars going along there, a welsh lad I know popped over to visit me when I was up there and he got all excited by his past biking exploits along there, could live off the road kill sheep up there if needed ?

To be honest that's no road to be going quick on maybe 100mph but hold back a lot on there would be my advise.

Them sheep are suicidal lol.

• Like 1