Anyone using Discord on here?  If you dont know what Discord is it's a app based platform for voice chat and text chat .

I'm in the process of  setting up a basic discord server for  us to use it runs on a invite only basis .

I'm not much of a talker myself but I reckon some of you could talk the hind legs of a donkey lol 

I thought it could be a bit off lockdown fun for us all if people are interested I will make another post guiding you through the process of  getting on. 

• Like 6

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can have live group phone chats too....clicked on something... Shit myself this morning when I started hearing kannys voice coming from my fone?? ? 

Anyone using Discord on here?  If you dont know what Discord is it's a app based platform for voice chat and text chat . I'm in the process of  setting up a basic discord server for  us to use it

I'm seeing who joins before I jump... So far no chance...lol

Posted Images

My family are all using a group chat thing called house party I think? you invite in who you want then lock yourselves in and chat the screen spits into however many screens there are people and away they go, it’s a nice way to see the kids and grandkids or like minded mates ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

My family are all using a group chat thing called house party I think? you invite in who you want then lock yourselves in and chat the screen spits into however many screens there are people and away they go, it’s a nice way to see the kids and grandkids or like minded mates ?

Yeah that's great for personal use and very handy in these times but has its limitations I think that it has a 8 people  max also its video based, I'm not sure people would be happy having their mug for all to see I wouldn't for sure .

• Like 1

My thoughts were  running it on  a invite only sort of like moochers, everyone could have a invite as long as either I know your a long standing member or one of those member vouch for you kind of thing to keep out the undesirables. 

Normal public domain rules would still apply dont post or talk about shit you shouldn't. 

To the THL management I am in mo way poaching from you with this I get nothing from it and if you want to do it yourself then be my guest I think that it would be a great idea for THL  to have its own discord channel  it would save me some work  lol 

6 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Il av a go !!

Great I could do with a  Guinea pig lol  to check everything is running as it should from your end ...get the discord app from your preferred source and register  let me know  when that's  done and I will send you the invite via  pm on here 

20 minutes ago, kanny said:

Great I could do with a  Guinea pig lol  to check everything is running as it should from your end ...get the discord app from your preferred source and register  let me know  when that's  done and I will send you the invite via  pm on here 

gona sort it in a minute mate

• Like 1

If anybody's interested the first thing you need to do is download the discord app from your app store and register ...it's free  then pm me on here

Edit to add its probably good idea if you use the same name as on here it will save some confusion 

download.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Up and running now, decent platform....could do with a few members lol....

Thanks for joining it was great to actually speak to someone. ..the more that join the better it will be  :thumbs:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

That house party is dodgy as fcuk, zee Russians are hacking everybody that uses it, i suggest you lose your accounts ?

Yeah that's why I don't like video based platforms. Discord is just voice and text :thumbs:

3 hours ago, Accip74 said:

Did it work? How did it go lads?

Yup its up and running,  it's just a basic lay out at the moment with a text channel  and a voice channel  but if it gets more interest I will start expanding it 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t know if it’s true or tha tbh I don’t use any of them, but a few mates asked me yesterday if any me kids where in it an to make em close it, they never did. 

so this discord thing is just a multi person conference call thingy ma jig? ???

Yeah kind of it was actually developed for online gamers  but now it's growing into much more than that . Once your in  you can come and go as you please ONLY  people who have been invited  can join in the rooms I've created.  

• Thanks 1