Black family turning red

Screenshot_20200320-123904.png.0f9e90d152dbcaffc215cfc0ab02e2b3.png

My family of blacks has been throwing a red one just about every litter.The one thing these reds have in common is that they are always smaller than most of their black littermates.The red dog in picture is considerably smaller than his littermate sister.they 5 months old.He will probably top out at 13 lbs and will be spannable by a woman.This size is priceless in Dixie as a 15 lb otter can fit through a tube that's fist size.Is the size linked with this recessive trait of color or is it coincidence?Also my father had a strong dislike for bright eyed dogs.Since I was a child he would say "Son a hunting dogs eyes should be as dark as two pig turds in a bucket of milk.With that being said I wonder is there any darkeyed red ones out there?It's hard to tell from pics as they are deceiving.

Appreciate some help with these 2 questions.

P.S. I don't breed for colour or looks.ive never had a nice looking terrier make the grade. just look at my pics on this board ?

• Like 1

I couldn't give a terrier away even if I tried.When they see them donkey ears they say that ain't a working terrier.?Meanwhile the peddlers have a waiting list.It definitely gets old holding a line together by yourself with no help from friends.The only hardcore diggers I have met are women in this country.they are the unsung heroes here.They generally allow the quarry to decide which terriers to keep instead of peds and ear length.

Screenshot_20200322-141238.png.04450f82f5e4f1d0359f4c4bd07b50f5.png

Lutra tooth makes my breeding decisions.

Screenshot_20200322-144124.png.b9ef3a528677dd23e38d64ff81a6390c.png

This is what it produced.

LONG LIVE THE SWAMP DONKEY

Judging from lack of response I'm guessing no one has seen a darkeyed reden or noticed them being smaller.

• Like 5

My terriers produce 90 % black the rest are chocolate. The chocolate come mostly with dark eyes but some come with light almost bluey eyes for some reason. Theres no difference size wise between the blacks and chocs though I've never seen a line produce smaller of one colour than the other in my experience anyway.

• Like 1
On 20/03/2020 at 19:04, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20200320-123904.png.0f9e90d152dbcaffc215cfc0ab02e2b3.png

My family of blacks has been throwing a red one just about every litter.The one thing these reds have in common is that they are always smaller than most of their black littermates.The red dog in picture is considerably smaller than his littermate sister.they 5 months old.He will probably top out at 13 lbs and will be spannable by a woman.This size is priceless in Dixie as a 15 lb otter can fit through a tube that's fist size.Is the size linked with this recessive trait of color or is it coincidence?Also my father had a strong dislike for bright eyed dogs.Since I was a child he would say "Son a hunting dogs eyes should be as dark as two pig turds in a bucket of milk.With that being said I wonder is there any darkeyed red ones out there?It's hard to tell from pics as they are deceiving.

Appreciate some help with these 2 questions.

P.S. I don't breed for colour or looks.ive never had a nice looking terrier make the grade. just look at my pics on this board ?

Read a dog book on recessive and dominant genes. I doubt the eye colour has anything to do with temperament.

• Like 1