Shooting permission

Hi everyone. Im pretty new to the forum .im looking to gain permission to shoot sub 12ftlb air rifles for pest/vermin control , basc insured very safety conscious,respectful of peoples property and land. Trustworthy and reliable. Got a small paddock i shhot at at the moment but looking for land to control  any pest/vermin  any land owner may have .thanks for reading. 

Edited by Mr nigel Cullen
Contact nigelmcullen@gmail.com. 07976071713

12 hours ago, Mr nigel Cullen said:

Hi everyone. Im pretty new to the forum .im looking to gain permission to shoot sub 12ftlb air rifles for pest/vermin control , basc insured very safety conscious,respectful of peoples property and land. Trustworthy and reliable. Got a small paddock i shhot at at the moment but looking for land to control  any pest/vermin  any land owner may have .thanks for reading. 

I’m not sure if your aware, but this is a forum of shhoters ? and not necessarily land owners. 

Out of interest... what might you expect from your post? 

If only getting permissions was as easy as your actions.

46 minutes ago, Rez said:

I’m not sure if your aware, but this is a forum of shhoters ? and not necessarily land owners. 

Out of interest... what might you expect from your post? 

If only getting permissions was as easy as your actions.

Im not stupid .as i say im pretty new to the forum like you was once .i know how hard it is to find permissions i try nearly everday when im not workin .thought i woul give it a SHOT!

22 hours ago, Mr nigel Cullen said:

Im not stupid .as i say im pretty new to the forum like you was once .i know how hard it is to find permissions i try nearly everday when im not workin .thought i woul give it a SHOT!

It’s all good my man. I wasn’t intending to sound the way the post came across. It’s just these kinda posts come about every now and then, “anyone know any land owners” like... with all respect, for some reason, you don’t come across like that.

Anyway. I’d be very surprised if any post asking for land gets any joy. It’s all about who you know and not what you know when it’s comes to getting permissions, and they only come round from throwing ya name out there. As a heads up, my first perm [not my hair] came about from writing to local land owners I found on google maps, asking for land to shoot targets only. I shot a lot of HFT comps back then. Just a space to shoot paper.

On receipt of that letter, me first perm here in Lincolnshire, the land owner called me and kinda just said, yeah sure, shoot ya targets, but as a trade, you need to clear the rabbits from my other field with the horses in. I soon found out that he breed race horses. Expensive ones. Then his mate had a rabbit problem just down the road. And so on.

In fact I have an image in my banner thing on me profile, top left corner was my first outing on that land. Land owner caught me dragging 14 bugs into the back of the car. Said do you want any obviously... he said yeah and sold um to a local pie shop for 4 quid a rabbit... the wanker ?

On a more serious point, are you blue or red side of mank?

Thanks for the advice. Im from the blue half .someone msg me 2 weeks ago after putting a post on but they were in shropshire ,bit to far to travel .i have a couple of paddocks i go to local to me 1 is rat infested the other was but not so many now .but going to keep trying ,there's loads of farms around my area but no luck as yet . Im joining a local air rifle club nxt week maybe that will  help just my shifts make it a bit awkward to go regular.?

• Like 1
On 10/03/2020 at 02:00, Mr nigel Cullen said:

Thanks for the advice. Im from the blue half .someone msg me 2 weeks ago after putting a post on but they were in shropshire ,bit to far to travel .i have a couple of paddocks i go to local to me 1 is rat infested the other was but not so many now .but going to keep trying ,there's loads of farms around my area but no luck as yet . Im joining a local air rifle club nxt week maybe that will  help just my shifts make it a bit awkward to go regular.?

I’m sure something will turn up if you persevere Nigel. As Rez says, like with most things it tends to be who you know. I was lucky, been on farms since I was a lad, and there’s a farm in the family, so consequently have always known farmers, and the more you know, the more you get to know. I used to do quite a bit of feral clearance as well, maybe that might be a way forward if you know of any old factories that might be in need of help? Have you tried your local transfer station with regard to vermin control?

As villaman just said, you really need to look outside the box. Most people will be asking for rabbit and woodpigeon shooting but perhaps feral pigeon crapping all over a farmers tractor or the rats that run around the place may be of more interest to him than the rabbits or woodpigeon. In other words look for the less popular quarry which may get you in the door and don't forget allotments as the gardeners will soon tell you if they have rabbit or rat or crow problems and churches can have big problems with feral pigeons.

Although not easy, some industrial estates or old buildings can have big issues with rats or other pests and if you offer to try to reduce the problem, it will save them paying a pest control company.

Lastly, talk to everyone you know, every relative, blokes/women at work, guys in the pub..............................in other words put the word out as it can be really surprising who knows who. My first ever perm came from a woman who worked with my mother, it turns out she was not married and still lived with her parents on the family farm. You just never know so you sow the seed with anyone and everyone and see what happens.

Phil

• Like 2