Bloody myxie

Mixi always pops up it’s a case of when.everything is against the humble rabbit......be it John Wayne’s with guns blasting them year round then there’s ferreters ,lampers,seasonal moochers, birds of prey,foxes,badgers,vhd1&vhd2 they take a hammering year round any that have any form of immunity to mixi get wiped out along the way that’s why when mixi hits an nocks area’s for six because there’s no immunity and leaves  little pockets here an there down the middle or south part of the uk I know some people in the past have put pictures up of rabbits that look like they’ve recovered from a bout of mixi but there no good dead in a picture I’d alway release If I got any that looked like a recovery case of mixi no point in killing them in my eyes or playing the professional pest controller card to a audience far better to use the preservation card why it deserved to be released to try maintain a healthy stock that’s controlled an managed correctly I look at it if you completely wipe the land clean to Barron land your out of a job with no permission you got to keep your self in the land owners pocket because once there’s no use for you to be there your gone if your only a rabbit man

Ive just gained permission on a farm local to me (been trying to get on there for 25yrs??!!) and theres a good few rbts to go at but half of what I'm getting is myxi rbts & having a good walk round theres myxi carcasses in every field. We got bloody loads of kites all round us cleaning up all the road kill yet they don’t seem to bother with the myxi carcasses?? But tbh m just happy to get some runs for the dog as opposed to last few years of No rbts on my other perms. Atb

21 hours ago, Black neck said:

U say that but old pheasant shoot we used 2 have the land owner used 2 shoot 200 odd rabbits a season and we used shoot around 300 just doing the rounds feeding there was barely any Warren's and no room 2 run adog but them shot made no dent in numbers then myxi hit was none left hardly 

70 a fortnight tho ?

I used to do 3 nights 3 lates 3 earlies then 3 days off and i used to hit it on my days off  during the summer when i couldn't get on to the farms and we could shoot 3 or four out of a group of 5 rabbits or 3 out of 3 and never make a dent in the numbers , we ferreted the stripes of woods but the rabbits where just living in clumps of bushes , the guy that got paid for it before me claimed he got a 100 some nights and i always wanted to hit that never did and now i guess i never will  only shooting 6/10 a night ferreted the woods and got four but still the landscape department moan about number LOL 

I took 3000 0ff four small fields with highland cattle in them round a small castle great quiet place did it last week took 6 the huge deep 50 hole burrows are still there just not the rabbits 

Im renewing my firearms certs and the police officer also shoots and i said i never thought we would screw up the humble rabbit in my lifetime , he replied these snowflkes will feck up the shooting scene within the next 5 to 10 years anyway 

• Like 1