When the tables turn lol

7 hours ago, jetro said:

Some lucky escapes here.  Powerful animal's them wild pigs. 

Atb j 

Pigs are serious animals mate as you know.

Im keeping an eye on this young boar I have to make sure he isn’t developing big hooks, lethal mate.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Pigs are serious animals mate as you know.

Im keeping an eye on this young boar I have to make sure he isn’t developing big hooks, lethal mate.

If one or two pigs knock you in a pin, or shed, you better be quick to get up. They don't mess about. 

Atb j 

I shot one 3 times

it was down to one front leg and was escaping thru the snow. I caught up with it and it turned to attack me. Head shot stopped that.

that pig was a baby one which still had it stripes in its coat.

dont fck with pigs

10 round mag safety off and two more mags is my go to. Never fckn around ever again when out after them

We had a normally good as gold sow that smashed a metal gate up in the yard and then smashed through the shed door to get to us when we had to check one of the piglets . Had to dive over into the next pen and out the door to get out the way . 

32 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have been called out to a couple of sheep attacks that have turned out to be boar, very messy one sheep was still alive after having been half eaten, think they will become a national epidemic within 10 years myself ?

EC59502A-7283-4564-8A02-405C381CCF8D.jpeg

That's quite interesting. Looks like his fat protected his internal organs? They say gladiators used to fatten up for the same reason.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I shot one 3 times

it was down to one front leg and was escaping thru the snow. I caught up with it and it turned to attack me. Head shot stopped that.

that pig was a baby one which still had it stripes in its coat.

dont fck with pigs

10 round mag safety off and two more mags is my go to. Never fckn around ever again when out after them

Then you have the bow hunters after them, some chance to take, edge of your seat stuff. 

Atb j 

34 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That's quite interesting. Looks like his fat protected his internal organs? They say gladiators used to fatten up for the same reason.

Did you know only 1 out of 10 gladiator fight ended in death, they could tap out any time they wanted. Injury was the last thing the trainers want to happen to them. The were held in high regard and treated much like the athletes of today. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Some soon realise it’s easier to deck you if you got a board haha they just run at it then up it ???

Do you think they are as scary as cows when you are de-horning calves ? 
When I helped a lad here the other year I genuinely thought they were going to come over the gate and kill us ! 

• Haha 1