Where's the best place to sell stuff these days?

I've got a few bits and bobs to sell and want to advertise them in the right place but dunno where's best? It's mostly stalking related.

Facebook groups etc? Anyone?

ps I doubt anyone on here wants it so just looking for suggestions.

Cheers

Edited by Born Hunter

Kuiu Yukon hard shell jacket in medium.

No one on here will want it I guarantee but there'll be a ton of folks who feel the need to comment why it's shit, overpriced, the wrong colour, what I should've bought etc etc. :laugh:

Target audience is really going to be lads already wearing kuiu gear in the UK. I've tried joining some of these big FB private selling pages but not getting accepted for various reasons.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Nice jackets them, just out curiosity, what ye parting with it?  My lad is after one but iv told him to wait bit longer till his growing slows down or he end up spending money an not having it long, never heard of any complaints about them ?

It's just the fit mate. It's too baggy for me to be happy with. In their other stuff medium fits me perfectly and I wanted a new hard shell so thought f**k it I'll have one of theirs but it's more like a large imo (due to their layering system and it being the outermost layer). I should have just sent it back but didn't.

I'll hardly wear it because of the fit so might as well try to move it on and recover some of the money. Tbh if I don't get a sensible price then I'll just hang on to it.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Gutted mate, I’ll remember now tho about the size, nowt worse than getting summat new an not being entirely happy with it but keeping it instead a sending it back, few lads on grouse moor behind the farm swear by them tho that’s why lad after one ?

Don't be mate, I'm a complete f***ing dick because I tried one on at their trade stand in Dortmund last year and I knew then it was too big if I'm honest! :laugh:

The brand is getting to be the 'must have' now because it's designed for extreme 'hunter athletes', lol, but despite that I genuinely believe that they are more focused on producing the best performing gear than other companies are.

I did a fair bit of research on modern hard shell technologies and it came down to Gore-Tex (I swear by GTX), or Toray. The Kuiu (uses Toray) was cheaper than any GTX I could find so went with them.

What height and build is ya lad?

12 minutes ago, riohog said:

f/b  stalking groups  it should go :thumbs:

Tried Deer Stalking UK, who have thousands of members, but not accepting my join request. And you have to be a member of that group before you can join their selling page. :doh:

Wondered if there was any others folks know of?

Just now, W. Katchum said:

5’6 an about 60 kg but growing like a weed mate ? he can stick with his ridge line fleece an see land jacket for now as they do job an don’t break the bank, But he been doing a fair bit work with me an the money starting to burn a hole in his pocket haha but I keep telling hi whilst he growing he be mad spending 350/400 on a jacket. Another couple seasons an he be almost fillly grown I reckon ?

He'd get lost in any of the adults sized jacket then I reckon. Like I said medium is the smallest size in the yukon, it's too big for me and I'm 5'9" and over 70kg.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

He also got his eyes on the Sitka gear, u try an that on when looking around ? 

Yeah I did. I can't really remember my thoughts on it. I think it felt real 'lightweight'. Technology wise though the brand is licensed to use Gore-Tex so that makes it a serious contender to me. The fella who founded Kuiu, originally founded Sitka but didn't like the direction the company was headed so got out and set up Kuiu.

A real successful man who incidentally committed suicide a couple years back. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Tried Deer Stalking UK, who have thousands of members, but not accepting my join request. And you have to be a member of that group before you can join their selling page. :doh:

Wondered if there was any others folks know of?

message ross cambridge re joining dsuk  

• Thanks 1
On 25/02/2020 at 16:49, Born Hunter said:

It's just the fit mate. It's too baggy for me to be happy with. In their other stuff medium fits me perfectly and I wanted a new hard shell so thought f**k it I'll have one of theirs but it's more like a large imo (due to their layering system and it being the outermost layer). I should have just sent it back but didn't.

I'll hardly wear it because of the fit so might as well try to move it on and recover some of the money. Tbh if I don't get a sensible price then I'll just hang on to it.

Try this daily, half pint oats, a banana , half dozen eggs, rounded desert spoon peanut butter in blender you'll be reet

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2020 at 15:56, Born Hunter said:

I've got a few bits and bobs to sell and want to advertise them in the right place but dunno where's best? It's mostly stalking related.

Facebook groups etc? Anyone?

ps I doubt anyone on here wants it so just looking for suggestions.

Cheers

Wallapop

33 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Well DSUK FB admin must either have me on their black list or just be shite at administration.

Any other suggestions folks?

Is it worth joining DSD forum or are they funny about folks joining to sell shit too?

send me your email addi  ill try and add you to dsuk  

• Thanks 1