Bolting bitch

13 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

A good terrier in most eyes will hold his ground no matter what and will have to take what's coming to him if he is to hold his quarry for his master until he get to him no matter it be 10min or 10 hours, so baying alone won't work as macho as it sounds it's what should be expected in a terrier it's what there bred to do. I never owned a bolter so I can only assume that a bolter lacks that ability and heart but can be blessing in disguise for guys who work rock. I'd hope terriers are bred to stay till dug to and not to bolt as this surely is a no no.

I agree with that. I’ve seen a litter of 3 bred out of 2 steady terriers that wouldn’t stay. The pups won’t go never mind stay. The dogs might be useful but they’re definitely not breeding stock 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all we have so full on digging dog be no good for us the bitch we use can shift em out of places like that if fox will not move she will come out drop back in she no hard dog but will mix it up t

My mate has 1, I have tried everything to get her, he’s having none of it lol  that’s here the brown and white headed 1,  the tricolour Russell I had a few years back, she was a demon at foxes! Would

Horses for courses, I wouldn't enter a digging dog in a place like that because 1st it can't be dug and 2nd I'd end up without a dog, but if I had a dog that would only do say half an hour and then ap

Posted Images