Bolting bitch

Just got rid of a bitch for letting stuff past her. Some Lad wanted a bolting dog so I let him have her. I persisted with this bitch all season, dug many a hole only to stop half way coz it moved. f****n useless to me. So now I'm left with a untried young dog, if he fails I'll be screwed for next season too. But this game is all highs and lows, with the lows making the highs all the more worth while.

• Like 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all we have so full on digging dog be no good for us the bitch we use can shift em out of places like that if fox will not move she will come out drop back in she no hard dog but will mix it up t

My mate has 1, I have tried everything to get her, he’s having none of it lol  that’s here the brown and white headed 1,  the tricolour Russell I had a few years back, she was a demon at foxes! Would

Horses for courses, I wouldn't enter a digging dog in a place like that because 1st it can't be dug and 2nd I'd end up without a dog, but if I had a dog that would only do say half an hour and then ap

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

Some definitely have a knack for shifting a fox to bolt. I had a B+W Russell years ago would stay till dug if needed, but nearly always forced a bolt. Not a mixing type, bayed like hell but wouldn't be pushed around and stayed at them till they bolted. 

That’s a contradiction mate .Nothing bolts from a dog that’s in front of its quarry unless it pushes by or gains ground to another tube .

The dog that won’t be pushed around will be dug where it first takes its quarry to a stop end .

Might take a bit to get to that stop end but once there a dog that comes away is not a digging dog .

Many types have been stereo typed as digging dogs but in reality they are a breed apart from what some consider the real deal .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

That’s a contradiction mate .Nothing bolts from a dog that’s in front of its quarry unless it pushes by or gains ground to another tube .

The dog that won’t be pushed around will be dug where it first takes its quarry to a stop end .

Might take a bit to get to that stop end but once there a dog that comes away is not a digging dog .

Many types have been stereo typed as digging dogs but in reality they are a breed apart from what some consider the real deal .

That's an extremely rude thing to say young Timothy..

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

What about if a dog comes out after a while and tries another hole. So suppose the tube is too tight so it can’t reach its quarry, so after 10 mins of trying it comes out to try another entrance. It could then get get to it and stay till dug too. 

A dog frustrated by not being being able to get to its quarry is very different from one with it though mate you would agree .

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Always go forward. Never go straight.

Convict Proverb 

39 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Always go forward. Never go straight.

Convict Proverb 

Not many on here straight at all though W .

10 hours ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I’ve only ever seen two or three I got one given because lad didn’t like it best dog i had to be out with lurchers had to move house and had to go shit happens 

I got one that won’t stay to ground if it doesn’t bolt she will come away eventually. Have dug here few times but bolted more then dug with her. Handy bitch to have when covering ground trying places ??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

A dog frustrated by not being being able to get to its quarry is very different from one with it though mate you would agree .

Oh yes I agree. I only do a bit of digging, so I’m still learning really.. but if the dog had stayed put for 10 mins and you started to dig, then the dog appeared from a hole.. you could think it’s come away from it’s quarry..but it might never have actually got to it in the first place. We dug down to a dog at the weekend and when we broke through, nothing was there. The dog was searching frantically but we couldn’t find anything. Maybe she was stuck and we assumed she was on?? 

3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

A dog that ' fences' with its fox to and fro but not coming away or mixing it up will bolt a fox more often than not. If it backs in to a block end you're digging it.

No coward but not stupid courage either. A dog like that will spend less time in sick bay than the grunts. That's my idea of a bolter.

• Like 1

The Black n tan bitch I’ve got on has turned out just a little fox dog. I was disappointed to be honest but I’m getting a bit of sport with her 

mainly out of the rocks at the minute. Won’t stay in owt else but Charlie.

6D0F84F2-A2A7-4411-AE1E-0EE820D00731.jpeg

• Like 4