Vote carefully Irish people

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So who's in charge now, is Leo out?  The Irish language should be taught in schools, it's the native tongue after all, an it's no way dying out, there's a couple of good Irish schools in my area

I'll put it this way. My families name goes back to 1014 in this country, and I'm sure they spoke irish, and I'm not willing to let it die with me. My 7 week old granddaughter is spoken to in iri

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Somethings have a value mate, your roots are one matter imho......bollocks to what anyone else is doing. 

I'll put it this way.

My families name goes back to 1014 in this country, and I'm sure they spoke irish, and I'm not willing to let it die with me. My 7 week old granddaughter is spoken to in irish every day, and it will be her first language as well

Atb j 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

But you are. ?

Why am I ..

Your talking about heritage and culture and not letting it die out , well I'm not letting my heritage and culture die out 

2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I’ve a few friends fluent in Irish and my brother being another can’t see a problem with it myself len, it’s or heritage and culture. 

I don’t hold it against anyone what they want to learn, but then there will be the Ulster Scott’s gailec for the unionists then there’s 2 versions of ancient language as well as English with its french and German twist in it. Do ya not think those resources could be better spent on teaching kids exactly where they’re food comes from and how to produce they’re own life supporting means?

1 minute ago, jetro said:

I'll put it this way.

My families name goes back to 1014 in this country, and I'm sure they spoke irish, and I'm not willing to let it die with me. My 7 week old granddaughter is spoken to in irish every day, and it will be her first language as well

Atb j 

Would you not like to have Irish spoken more widely jetro? 

Just now, dogmandont said:

Would you not like to have Irish spoken more widely jetro? 

Of course I would, it would be brilliant. 

Nothing better to hear own tounge spoken.

I think as well as irish, another European language should be taught in schools as well, start in the primary school.

Atb j 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I don’t hold it against anyone what they want to learn, but then there will be the Ulster Scott’s gailec for the unionists then there’s 2 versions of ancient language as well as English with its french and German twist in it. Do ya not think those resources could be better spent on teaching kids exactly where they’re food comes from and how to produce they’re own life supporting means?

No len I think kids should be taught where they came from first.

And on the subject of wasting money what about Nama, red sky, cash for ash to name a few, not a word about them len. 

• Like 1
Just now, dogmandont said:

No len I think kids should be taught where they came from first.

And on the subject of wasting money what about Nama, red sky, cash for ash to name a few, not a word about them len. 

Bunch of vvankers that red sky stuff happened in 3 other goes as well , still at it too fs. The nation is rotten from the top down, no doubt about it especially with murderers and terrorists running the government

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Bunch of vvankers that red sky stuff happened in 3 other goes as well , still at it too fs. The nation is rotten from the top down, no doubt about it especially with murderers and terrorists running the government

No bigger murders and terrorists than in the British government len. They take terrorising to a whole new level. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So who's in charge now, is Leo out? 

The Irish language should be taught in schools, it's the native tongue after all, an it's no way dying out, there's a couple of good Irish schools in my area that have sprung up in last few years, actually one round corner from my house now, wee primary school all Irish. 

The Irish language is for the Irish, doesn't matter if its no good anywhere else, it doesn't have to be, its for Ireland. 

Someone said about no Internet connection, an no work etc

Id go bk to having no Internet, mobile all that stuff, I don't even watch TV unless I'm in mates house. 

Back to when you had to grow your own grub, tend to livestock, all that great worthwhile meaningful traditions, laid back chilled, all the old crafts, instead of this rat race of a f****d up society, all sorts of dirty nasty shite going on, bunch of wankers (politicians) taxed like fook, out working to pay the man, f**k at shite

Keep Ireland old an traditional with its traditions, crafts etc, f**k the change, f**k the inter NET. 

Ps I'm on it now but I'm stuck in the rat race?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Francie said:

So who's in charge now, is Leo out? 

The Irish language should be taught in schools, it's the native tongue after all, an it's no way dying out, there's a couple of good Irish schools in my area that have sprung up in last few years, actually one round corner from my house now, wee primary school all Irish. 

The Irish language is for the Irish, doesn't matter if its no good anywhere else, it doesn't have to be, its for Ireland. 

Someone said about no Internet connection, an no work etc

Id go bk to having no Internet, mobile all that stuff, I don't even watch TV unless I'm in mates house. 

Back to when you had to grow your own grub, tend to livestock, all that great worthwhile meaningful traditions, laid back chilled, all the old crafts, instead of this rat race of a f****d up society, all sorts of dirty nasty shite going on, bunch of wankers (politicians) taxed like fook, out working to pay the man, f**k at shite

Keep Ireland old an traditional with its traditions, crafts etc, f**k the change, f**k the inter NET. 

Ps I'm on it now but I'm stuck in the rat race?

I agree with about 99% of that mate, but it’s a fact that you need to be connected in this world to do business.

Ireland’s population is spread out and small, with the right internet infrastructure these rural places you see dying on their arse could thrive and survive.....but instead they are gradually becoming extinct.

However, fans of a United Ireland in the north should remember that plenty of things you and your kids take for granted being part of the UK they don’t even have in the Republic.

Just take football, there are about what?, 3 or 4 full size 4g pitches in Bangor ?........there wouldn’t be the like of it in the republic, your kids wouldn’t be able to have access to facilities like that.

Same for swimming pools, shops, after school activities......non existent in the Republic compared to the UK.

Theres pros and cons on both sides and if anyone is really that worried they can of course just move down the road over the border, buy a house for half the money and enjoy everything the republic has to offer ! Lol 

• Like 1