Vote carefully Irish people

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So who's in charge now, is Leo out?  The Irish language should be taught in schools, it's the native tongue after all, an it's no way dying out, there's a couple of good Irish schools in my area

I'll put it this way. My families name goes back to 1014 in this country, and I'm sure they spoke irish, and I'm not willing to let it die with me. My 7 week old granddaughter is spoken to in iri

Posted Images

14 hours ago, jetro said:

Did you know that the Germans if it easier to learn irish than English. Thsts what a few Germans told me anyway.

Any j

I can’t see that mate, English and German are so similar that I would think they are the easiest for each country to learn 

Just now, WILF said:

I can’t see that mate, English and German are so similar that I would think they are the easiest for each country to learn 

I don't know really either, just going on what a couple of Germans told me. But they could be full of it as well.

Did the English language partly come from the Germans, with the Saxons, and mixed with Norse and other language of the time.

Or am I way off 

Atb j 

11 minutes ago, jetro said:

I don't know really either, just going on what a couple of Germans told me. But they could be full of it as well.

Did the English language partly come from the Germans, with the Saxons, and mixed with Norse and other language of the time.

Or am I way off 

Atb j 

You Are spot on mate, English is Germanic and then it’s picked up a chunk of French as well.

• Like 1

The SF leader made comments about avoiding the messy situation that the Tories were in mid-Brexit. And she thinks that the EU should support a united Ireland. Ithink she's been to the same political school as Wee Jimmy. 

The Irish situation now looks like a whole mess and I can't see how it won't end up in bloodshed and long term paralysis of the Government. But at least Varadkar  has had his comeuppance.

• Like 1

The 

3 hours ago, Nicepix said:

The SF leader made comments about avoiding the messy situation that the Tories were in mid-Brexit. And she thinks that the EU should support a united Ireland. Ithink she's been to the same political school as Wee Jimmy. 

The Irish situation now looks like a whole mess and I can't see how it won't end up in bloodshed and long term paralysis of the Government. But at least Varadkar  has had his comeuppance.

Bloodshed over an election result? 
SFs agenda has been the same from its formation as was the provos so why is anyone surprised with what they are saying at the minute, their end goal has always been a United ireland. 

10 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Now they have democratic backing and if that is not respected by the other parties...................

They wont be respected by any party, the people of Ireland voted for S.F to be in power, and their votes won't be respected either. 

Wonder what are the chances of another vote being needed.

Atb j 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Then it’s up to the people what happens next but bloodshed won’t be on the agenda. 

Definitely agree about the bloodshed, the last thing this country needs. 

I'm not in favour of S.F, and their policies, but if their were chosen by the people, then all parties should be willing  to work with them, regardless of how they feel about them.

Atb j 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, jetro said:

There's talk  this evening that another election can't be ruled out,  so much for the people's choice.

Atb j 

SF will do even better in another election. If the other parties choose not to go into government with them it will only make them stronger. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 3