Bushing terriers

C.green

Anyone keep a type of good steady bush/catapult type of terrier ? Want something for bushing muntjac and rabbits tried alot but never quite had what im after yet but seen the sprt of thing i want. 

Please dont start talking plummers lol

• Haha 1

Tried most types now katchum tbh the best terriers i seen for what i like all from a particular line they seem to kill very early in cover carry naturally its hard to explain tbh the dropping to ground on some things aint that bad. Ive a pup coming off one the dogs i know of but theres gotta be other people in the country that want similar out of a dog to me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Use this dog for above round only ratting and bushing, been a steady dog for me tbh hunts well catches plenty in cover and pushed plenty out only makes a noise when he has seen something not when he has scented something which is probably why he catches loads more in cover than my pals teckle xs 

IMG_3517.JPG.4572ce476797dd0ba57a4a74eb5aaecf.JPGIMG_20191221_140729.jpg.16569752c595adce652c939155b462eb.jpg20171218_113213.jpg.86f545048e0d9b7d2cfe70aa95aeadf6.jpg

• Like 8
14 hours ago, Balaur said:

Sharp terrier I guess I'm probably gonna get something like I have (cocker X patt) hopefully line a terrier bitch doing job and have a pup...

That would be my next move. My spaniel terrier over a decent bushing type terrier 

• Like 1

Its finding someone who wants to use the dog i think.get ya dog out in company plenty theres some good bushers out there but alot dont like to go outside there cicrcle of pals but only way to find the best is to go out with different folk n dogs

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1

Very homest of you ?? I personally just like a terrier that kills and carries i dont like something ripping cover because its there or a dog just ripping without using its brain and trying to actually kill. Ive walked out with bushers that put plenty up but wouldnt sniff anything unless the lurchers do there job. When you been out with terriers killing left right and centre and carrying to ya then fetching birds off water n that its different gravy. Gotta know what you actually want ya dogs to do before ya breed though i think.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 26/01/2020 at 17:15, C.green said:

Anyone keep a type of good steady bush/catapult type of terrier ? Want something for bushing muntjac and rabbits tried alot but never quite had what im after yet but seen the sprt of thing i want. 

Please dont start talking plummers lol

Have you ever seen a dog work to the standard you require or come close to it. If so what breed of terrier or cross bred was it?

15 minutes ago, darbo said:

Have you ever seen a dog work to the standard you require or come close to it. If so what breed of terrier or cross bred was it?

I have mate yer dogs i seen doing it were like little russelly things.

• Like 1