• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres a few bits mate. The red stuff is Buffalo leather.

i made a good few of these  

Some pics of the work he's completed this week  AJL leather craft 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Looks like that would last a lifetime mate, what's the leather oak bark?, and what do you use to heat your saddle creaser?

Thanks mate, yes its Greasy Oakbark stirrup type leather. Its not dyed any colour but coloured by all the grease and oils that they rub in. Its thick but very supple.

22 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Looks like that would last a lifetime mate, what's the leather oak bark?, and what do you use to heat your saddle creaser?

Sorry I meant to say, can you seen that little methylated spirit lamp in the back ground? Thats what I heat the crease with.

3 hours ago, jeemes said:

Sorry I meant to say, can you seen that little methylated spirit lamp in the back ground? Thats what I heat the crease with.

I've seen them heaters on Etsy, used wing dividers to mark the lines in the past, but want to try the saddlers crease when I get back to making some belts, still got that oak bark russet, and some nice English made buckles 

IMG_20220429_232523_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jeemes said:

Yeah get a crease mate, they are easy to use with a bit of practice. Got some nice buckles there. Ive used the stirrup ones but not the other ones, they look old, what are they?

They're based on the old firemans quick release firehose buckles, Abbey are making them

• Like 1
18 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Feature on the oak bark tannery, 16 minutes in

Really enjoyed that thanks. I saw Clarrisa at the Waterloo cup and spoke to her, she was very nice. That high tensile stirrup leather is the Greasy Oak bark I think. You cant get better for collars and belts. Its not dyed at all.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jeemes said:

Really enjoyed that thanks. I saw Clarrisa at the Waterloo cup and spoke to her, she was very nice. That high tensile stirrup leather is the Greasy Oak bark I think. You cant get better for collars and belts. Its not dyed at all.

I like the look of their undyed bridle with all the natural markings, looking forward to making some belts with it

• Like 1