Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
villaman

H&N.25 slugs

Recommended Posts

Spoken to Kimla &kimla to day  , the place we get our slugs from and he said, with a bit of luck.25 H&N slugs should be out in January . 
so Phil start saving up your pension :D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

FECK SAKE MITCH

GIVE IT A FECKING REST WILL YA

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR FECKING SLUGS

ANY MORE MATE

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

FECK SAKE MITCH

GIVE IT A FECKING REST WILL YA

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR FECKING SLUGS

ANY MORE MATE

 

32 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

FECK SAKE MITCH

GIVE IT A FECKING REST WILL YA

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR FECKING SLUGS

ANY MORE MATE

Phil does :laugh: and if you don’t like it don’t read it :laugh:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

I put this post up for the ones who have FAC .25 and who are interested in slugs 

 if you are not interested please do not post 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

course it does , Through out airgun forums at the moment , slugs are a big talking point and it seem more are going down the FAC air route as well . More information on slugs to see what is coming out , what works in different guns with weight and size ,hopefully help airguners with FAC and sub 12 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, villaman said:

course it does , Through out airgun forums at the moment , slugs are a big talking point and it seem more are going down the FAC air route as well . More information on slugs to see what is coming out , what works in different guns with weight and size ,hopefully help airguners with FAC and sub 12 

Yep, I’m going to try the lighter weight slugs at 12ft lb. I’ve used h&n rabbit magnums, both standard and copper washed (too tight in the bore) and they were both terry bull. The eley wasp magnums were reasonably accurate, but at 30 grains 15 yards was about the limit of useful range. These 22 grain h&n slugs are similar in weight to bisley magnums, and the bisley‘s are usable at 12 ft lb. it just depends if the slugs will stabilise at lower velocities? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, villaman said:

I put this post up for the ones who have FAC .25 and who are interested in slugs 

 if you are not interested please do not post 😂

:rofl:8P:rofl:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

time to put my spoon away

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Yep, I’m going to try the lighter weight slugs at 12ft lb. I’ve used h&n rabbit magnums, both standard and copper washed (too tight in the bore) and they were both terry bull. The eley wasp magnums were reasonably accurate, but at 30 grains 15 yards was about the limit of useful range. These 22 grain h&n slugs are similar in weight to bisley magnums, and the bisley‘s are usable at 12 ft lb. it just depends if the slugs will stabilise at lower velocities? 

Now thats what im interested in

Share this post


Link to post

I believe it is still VERY early in slug development for air rifles and although I cannot afford to throw money at the latest liner/barrel combination, I am happy to watch from the side lines so that if one particular aspect strikes me as being suited to me without the initial outlay of the above, then I would try it but if the cost of slugs is going to be silly, then I may well just stick to pellets which have worked well so far and then get the powder burner out if needed.

Phil

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, philpot said:

I believe it is still VERY early in slug development for air rifles and although I cannot afford to throw money at the latest liner/barrel combination, I am happy to watch from the side lines so that if one particular aspect strikes me as being suited to me without the initial outlay of the above, then I would try it but if the cost of slugs is going to be silly, then I may well just stick to pellets which have worked well so far and then get the powder burner out if needed.

Phil

With H&N slugs Phil they work the same in either liner , but the smaller size are better in the standard liner including x liner and bigger in slug liners . H&N slugs seem to work in most barrels and guns Phil . I think it will be the same with .25 slugs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well we will wait and see but I am not farting around ordering from abroad so when they and FX slugs are available here, I will buy some to test.

Phil

Share this post


Link to post

It’s not farting about but save your self £2 tin + what you pay for car parking ,petrol and time , sit in your own home press a few keys job done 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I for one are hanging out big time for HN Slugs to be available in Aussie, I can only get the closest thing to them the Grizzly, and they are great but not so hot on accuracy, gret for hunting, I have taken quite a few Roo's with them on culling permits. Bring on the Slugs.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...