NEW FX SLUGS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zeroed the HMR in to day jimmy at 100 yards , who needs slugs ?

They probably have them mitch but don't want to say there good for all we no they could be h&n slugs there shooting in there videos lol

Just been up to the gun shop to pick up a tikka 17 HMR and CZ 457 royal.22 , but been thinking do I really need the .22 after shooting slugs and came to the conclusion no I don’t , plus what was inter

Posted Images

Just now, villaman said:

Like I said in another post , these slugs are making the .22 air just as capable as a .22 lr 

Looks like they are seriously affected by wind similar to pellets but whether they will be better than a .22lr is somthing we won't know until we have some to test.

Phil

Just seen this 

From the mouth of Rat Sniper Mike himself 

"As you all know by now, the FX Hybrids are out! Rat Sniper Slugs has teamed up with a local bullet manufacturing company that currently manufactures some of the best match pistol bullets on the planet. Their top machine technician is the one running the high speed machines. We had to have custom machines built to be able to produce this design… it's a much more involved manufacturing process than what it takes to produce a simple hollowpoint.
I have teamed up with FX to utilize their worldwide dealer network and will no longer sell direct. I am manufacturing these exclusively for FX. Just to squash any rumors FX in no way backed me to aquire the machines – it's something I did on my own. I still have full rights over my patent pending hollow core design and I'm directly involved in the manufactu

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, philpot said:

Not that I am interested in seeing sparrows being shot, it does show these slugs in action.

https://www.airgun101.com/index.php/component/allvideoshare/video/new-hybrid-slugs?Itemid=456

Looks like it might be available early next year in .25 ........................................ I hope.

Phil

Agree hardly a true test like to see them used on rats .

Any British prices for these slugs available? Just found pyramidair price $14:99 /100 slugs. As these type of things usually turn out to be cheaper in the US, they’ll probably work out more expensive than decent rimfire ammo for us. I’d be interested in trying them, but they could be priced out realistically?

Edited by Rimfireboy!
1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Any British prices for these slugs available? Just found pyramidair price $14:99 /100 slugs. As these type of things usually turn out to be cheaper in the US, they’ll probably work out more expensive than decent rimfire ammo for us. I’d be interested in trying them, but they could be priced out realistically?

But H&N an slugs £11 for 200 and these work I can tell you that and a lot cheaper than .22lr ammo . I would imagine JSB slugs will be about the same price as H&N , when they come out .

we had a bit of wind last night and the slugs hitting the mark at 100 yards 

2 hours ago, villaman said:

But H&N an slugs £11 for 200 and these work I can tell you that and a lot cheaper than .22lr ammo . I would imagine JSB slugs will be about the same price as H&N , when they come out .

we had a bit of wind last night and the slugs hitting the mark at 100 yards 

When they’re available I’ll buy some anyway, just to try them out, but I can get VERY accurate.22 rimfire ammunition for under £10/100 that may be cheaper than the FX hybrid slugs? What I need now though is an fac crown, some slugs and some time to play. It would be interesting to compare fac air using slugs and .22 rf side by side.

• Like 1

Just been up to the gun shop to pick up a tikka 17 HMR and CZ 457 royal.22 , but been thinking do I really need the .22 after shooting slugs and came to the conclusion no I don’t , plus what was interesting, after talking to one of the staff about my dilemma , he turned round , looked over his shoulder then said to my mate and my self don’t tell the manager but.22lr will not do anymore than .22 slug , probably less  , just spend your money elsewhere 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, villaman said:

Just been up to the gun shop to pick up a tikka 17 HMR and CZ 457 royal.22 , but been thinking do I really need the .22 after shooting slugs and came to the conclusion no I don’t , plus what was interesting, after talking to one of the staff about my dilemma , he turned round , looked over his shoulder then said to my mate and my self don’t tell the manager but.22lr will not do anymore than .22 slug , probably less  , just spend your money elsewhere 

Next they will be telling you Santa Claus is real, and you will suck it in, no way can you compare .22 fac to .22lr , slug or not . Utter bullsh1te