Silencer for HMR

Minor problem with that idea.   A 1.7hmr bullet is supersonic and it doesn't  matter  what silencer is used. It won't silence it.  It might diffuse the sound direction a bit but it will still be the same.  That's why I use .22lr with subs.  Simple.

• Like 1

Whooo, finally managed to get back on, I use dpt mods now because you are able to strip them fully and you will need to because this is a dirty little round, you can also customise them by adding sections ( this is mainly for the centre fires ) they weigh nothing so you don’t even know it’s on, you will always get muzzle crack, but the mod will dampen it down and to be fair the distance you will be shooting, they have no idea where it’s coming from, I’ve shot a full family at over 100 yards and they don’t seem bothered by any noise or there mates falling over next to them

20AFC39E-AEEB-4A44-8756-E1ED8D21E60F.jpeg

5786F62E-A627-4DD8-A3EF-348F1AADBF9B.jpeg

• Like 1

Interesting Stav, I had not heard of the DPT mods so I looked up a few bits on youtube. At about £260, they sit approx £200 more than for example a SAK but is it worth it. I like the idea of the modular design, it reminds me of the Swift Stumpy for air rifles.

Here is a comparison test with the DPT and a basic rimmy mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dd-3pH6F_k

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Interesting Stav, I had not heard of the DPT mods so I looked up a few bits on youtube. At about £260, they sit approx £200 more than for example a SAK but is it worth it. I like the idea of the modular design, it reminds me of the Swift Stumpy for air rifles.

Here is a comparison test with the DPT and a basic rimmy mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dd-3pH6F_k

Phil

Did sound a lot different to me between the two

8 minutes ago, philpot said:

Okay then Mitch so you have an alternative.

No Phil  , just most say just buy a Sak because of the nature of the cal . Ideally I need to listen to different ones , but I don’t know anyone who has17 

14 minutes ago, villaman said:

No Phil  , just most say just buy a Sak because of the nature of the cal . Ideally I need to listen to different ones , but I don’t know anyone who has17 

It is tricky mate, my shooting partner has an hmr who was also tempted to buy the Wildcat Panther which we were told WOULD reduce noise level but when talking to two different RFD's, they both said that the hmr round is supersonic and therefore it will not do a lot of good. My pal was going to get one on approval but nobody wanted to do that as they said it would be returned so no point.

I also wanted a better mod for my .22lr when I use HV ammo but again was told not to bother as it was not worthwhile. The price indicated by Stavros at £80 for the DPT is not out of the way as the SAK is about £60, the only thing to think about is that the Wildcat and DPT are reflex mods which slide over the barrel so depending on the stock / barrel length will determine whether they will fit. Stav seems happy with his DPT.

Phil

The main reason I went for the dpt mod for the .17 was the weight, like others have said the sound will be no different to the SAK, on another note I’m my opinion it looks better, it’s thinner and this one is 6” long so with rifles like the short tikka it gives the impression of a longer rifle, this one is also flush fit, not over barrel, I have a SAK on the .22 and I can’t fault that but on the centre fire I don’t think I’d use anything else now

• Like 2