Restaurants?

6 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

About the same for a pig in england but thats a deal on the cattle.always best to slap mark, it doesn't come off.

Cattle at the slaughterhouse is much more expensive here mate, they take the piss.

Its €250 to get a cow done and they don’t knock anything off if it’s still small like a veal cow/calf 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think thats brilliant having the knowledge and confidence to do that....some of you hardcore hunters will probably laugh but ive only recently learned how to prepare a rabbit for the table and it ga

Does anyone here still eat tongue ?......not that processed shit from the supermarket but a proper tongue? I keep mine off my cattle and braise them long and slow with onion, they are absolutely

Have you had scallops and black pudding mate ?......they go really well together 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Cattle at the slaughterhouse is much more expensive here mate, they take the piss.

Its €250 to get a cow done and they don’t knock anything off if it’s still small like a veal cow/calf 

If i remember right i think cattle slaughter and cut up.mince,steaks all boned and rolled is £480.all done however you want it.but you get lower spec's and we price on the dead weight of the animals carcass.

• Like 1

If you're only going it for you and the family why not do the whole thing yourself?

Surely paying for a band saw, little set up to work on etc and getting your butcher just to come and slaughter would work out better in the long run.

24 minutes ago, mushroom said:

If you're only going it for you and the family why not do the whole thing yourself?

Surely paying for a band saw, little set up to work on etc and getting your butcher just to come and slaughter would work out better in the long run.

Honestly mate, I just couldn’t be arsed with all the mucking about and it’s yet another excuse for some ministry prick to call on you and drive you mad.

€350 all in including cost of buying the cattle for a years worth of veal for 6 people is fine by me.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, WILF said:

Honestly mate, I just couldn’t be arsed with all the mucking about and it’s yet another excuse for some ministry prick to call on you and drive you mad.

€350 all in including cost of buying the cattle for a years worth of veal for 6 people is fine by me.

Fair call.. paying for less bullshit ? I get that. I went with a cheap wifi provider, at the change of my last contract ?‍♂️

Out of curiosity what's the dead weight compared to what you get back in meat etc 

18 minutes ago, WILF said:

Could always invite  dan or Moley to nip over and butcher em both worked.slaughter house ?

Edited by green lurchers
6 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Fair call.. paying for less bullshit ? I get that. I went with a cheap wifi provider, at the change of my last contract ?‍♂️

Out of curiosity what's the dead weight compared to what you get back in meat etc 

About 17% of the dead weight is bone but then it depends how mych fat is trimmed off.

Edited by ginger beard
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

I honestly don’t know mate, it fills up a large chest freezer and the freezer on the fridge indoors and that lasts about a year because obviously you don’t just eat that all the time 

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Could always invite  dan or Moley to nip over and butcher em both worked.slaughter house ?

I’ve butchers enough beasts myself mate to know it’s a f***ing chore ! Lol ? 

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

......silly f****r just because ive prepared a bunny for the table im thinking i can just pile into a herd of cattle now ?

Thing is mate, you don’t realise how much guts are in a beast that size.......the first time it spilled out all over the floor and you were elbow deep in its belly, thinking this stinks you be saying to yourself “What the f**k have I got myself into here?” lol ? 

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, WILF said:

Thing is mate, you don’t realise how much guts are in a beast that size.......the first time it spilled out all over the floor and you were elbow deep in its belly, thinking this stinks you be saying to yourself “What the f**k have I got myself into here?” lol ? 

What you need is a Lancastrian. They eat all the bits that nobody else will touch - cow's heels, tripe, pigs trotters...........

They chuck the good stuff away.

• Haha 2