20 hours ago, patterdale said:

TOP ANSWER.  IT WORKS.I TO USED A RADIO NOT ON TO LOUD AND TUNE IN TO SOME CHANNEL LIKE RADIO 2,NOTHING BANGING, WITH PLENTY OF TALKING ON,IT REALLY DOES CALM THE DOGS.

When I brought this w@nker from Blighty, I kid you not TOMO was saying he's gonna drive you mad and laughing his bollocks off. To be fair the dog was a cnut from the outset but on the ferry, in the kennels they had a radio and it did the trick. So all the way I tried to play radio on my phone, even when he was at my feet. Seemed to settle him and no it doesn't work now! ?

On 06/11/2019 at 09:50, chesney said:

Are they kenneled inside or out side had a dog here like that couple year ago nonstop barking it was a pup I gave shovel shy and he gave him back  at 9months old said he was over stocked I knew after 3 days why he gave him back this dog never stopped barking and bouncing of walls non stop it was. I gave to a mate that was low on dogs I asked him after a week how the was getting on he said fine no noise from him he just made out he had him in an open run seemed ta do the trick he still has him 3 yrs later.

That cnut.neighbours still hate me.

• Haha 3
On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 00:50, patterdale said:

TOP ANSWER.  IT WORKS.I TO USED A RADIO NOT ON TO LOUD AND TUNE IN TO SOME CHANNEL LIKE RADIO 2,NOTHING BANGING, WITH PLENTY OF TALKING ON,IT REALLY DOES CALM THE DOGS.

I would rather listen to 2 terriers screaming than Zoe Ball on radio 2. Her voice is like someone trying to strangle a cat! How the hell she got a job as a radio presenter is beyond me. Not making light of your predicament though Gaz_Lurcherlad.

Correcting  behavioural problem in dogs can sometimes be simple, the methods that you are using have stood the test of time. Problem you have is that there are two of them. And they are terriers. It could be that only one of them is the culprit but his/her mate is there and more than willing to join in. Egging each other on sort of thing. Similar to stock breaking. Easy enough during the initial stages but bomb proofing them needs to be one on one.

There are some clever people on THL who really know how a dog's mind ticks. Maybe worth asking the question on other forums here? The lurcher section in particular.

All credit to you though for sticking with your charges and trying to resolve the problem. Hang on in there, they usually prove to be worth the effort.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Apache... said:

Eastcoast is right Gaz ask the lurcher lads about terrier pups they know more about terriers than terrier men!!! ?

He is not trying to solve a "terrier" problem. A dog behavioural problem. 

Edited by eastcoast
Grammar

I I think I have got to the bottom of it my ferret set up is in the garage and the kennel backs onto the garage and my big hob chatters on a night and I think that’s what was setting them off never had a dog do it before I’ve moved them kennel to otherside of the garden and not had a noise out of them yet it made me think because when I let them out on a morning they were scatting at the garage door so hope that’s sorted it I’ve had mates dogs over when they’ve been away and none have ever bothered might just because they are unsure what it is it makes sense because I wouldn’t trust this pair of pups anywhere near them and the last couple of terriers I had were really laid back and let the ferrets jump on them and run round there kennel but I’ve never shown them to the pups so maybe all my other lurchers and terriers before new what it was so they weren’t bothered 

Edited by Gaz_Lurcherlad
  • Like 5