A new old bit of shooting

I have a place that I have shot rabbits and foxes on for many years now, I had a call from the owner asking if I would come and have a look at a little bit of woodland he has planted as the deer are wrecking the trees, now I’m here and it would appear to be roe knocking them over so he has told me to take what I can ( very nice of him ) shame there’s very little time for the bucks, I may have to see if anyone else wants a go, it would be a shame to waste this opportunity, I’m going to have a sit out to see what’s about but I think this could be a first light thing ?

5919D30B-DCB7-47FE-A5D9-5BF4B82D9B45.jpeg

E3A66EF3-F465-44B1-9756-1E2AADBB024D.jpeg

• Like 7

First light is always a good time , just getting up at mad hours is par for the course 

and has to be done , and with the evenings drawing in so quick, dawn is probably the  better opportunity, just take plenty of tea mate , lol 

and if there’s a invite coming up , as long as my diesel is payed, there’s a stake dinner on the table , loads of beer , a comfortable bed , a 100 pound penalty is they don’t show , I might just consider coming up for the weekend only if you ask me very nicely, lol ??

atb stav 

• Haha 6

Well the deer were a no show and to be honest I didn’t expect to see any early evening so I decided to hang around and have a go at the hoppers again, now this is the place where he likes me to leave them for the fox because he thinks they will not bother the ducks if there’s rabbits laying around, 12 was the bag and I left 6 and took the other 6 with me, I have to confess I did miss about 7 but they were all over 150 yards and I was just seeing how far I could push the mouse gun, I did hit one at 156 paces but they could of been a bit of luck involved ?

E92F6897-FCD0-4659-8579-AB0D778A314A.jpeg

• Like 7

Missed at 150 yards Stavross? I missed a bleddy squirrel on Monday with the mouse gun at about 20 yards, shooting through the open passenger side front window whilst sat in the drivers seat. How I missed that I don’t know, but I think I was mindful of not hitting the door mirror and it affected my shot.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Missed at 150 yards Stavross? I missed a bleddy squirrel on Monday with the mouse gun at about 20 yards, shooting through the open passenger side front window whilst sat in the drivers seat. How I missed that I don’t know, but I think I was mindful of not hitting the door mirror and it affected my shot.?

Try dropping down to 30 mph. My success increases dramatically below 30 ?

• Haha 4