Sign in to follow this  
Dave_4

Child’s shotgun

My son, soon to be 11 seems keen on shooting some clays. I was thinking of seeing if he could handle my 12 bore, but don’t want to put him off. If anyone has some experience/advice I’d love to hear it. 

Cheers Dave

12 minutes ago, Dave_4 said:

My son, soon to be 11 seems keen on shooting some clays. I was thinking of seeing if he could handle my 12 bore, but don’t want to put him off. If anyone has some experience/advice I’d love to hear it. 

Cheers Dave

get him on a 20 bore , 1st  no rush , let him get used to that 1st.

17 minutes ago, Dave_4 said:

Thanks @bird can you get 20 bores to fit a child without it costing the earth, or will a standard one work? 

should think you get nice 2nd hand gun for your lad , not over expensive , best to shop about, you never know somebody on here might help you. i shoot 686 , but did have silver pigeon 20bore, was great gun, you deff got to have your eye in with 20, a 12 bit more leeway , i was better with me 12 lol, but 20 nice to carry about there not heavy .

Thanks for the reply’s, I’ve booked him in for a half hour lesson, see what he thinks. Then if he’s hooked (fingers crossed, love for him to be my shooting buddy) I’ll measure him up and have a look at guns. I like the idea of a semi auto. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Hatsan do a pink camo 20 bore semi ....................it's the colour, I know.   My youngest daughter was wanting one. They shoot well with very low recoil.

Phil

It the boys birthday tomorrow and I’ve picked him up a new 28g kofs youth stock with 26in barrels. Other than some real nasty nails, seconded hand o/u youth stock 28g weren’t much less than a new one after having to either drive to collect or have it transferred. I also want it to be something he would take pride in owning. 

I also picked my self up a small present 

48670472141_4f30db3739_b.jpg

48670637152_e6cf48b721_b.jpg

AYA #4, just because I liked it, and it wasn’t lots of money 😁

Edited by Dave_4
  • Like 4

So what guns he got? I wouldn't buy an auto for first gun , I like old school break barrels check barrels are clean etc ....

1 hour ago, Balaur said:

So what guns he got? I wouldn't buy an auto for first gun , I like old school break barrels check barrels are clean etc ....

He’s got the kofs 28g o/u

• Like 2

@Balaur they’re £499 new and as he’ll probably grow out of it in 4-5 years so it’s a no brainier. 

Edited by Dave_4
  • Like 1