The winds....

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Took the little 410 today and got a few real close birds. I was stood in a willow covered stream on the edge of a barley field and horses behind me.

The silence of the 410 is handy, not for the horses but for their miserable owners!

Anyway love the 410 ?

IMG_20190811_161410.jpg.aca520d57e02e2e0a8b88ae07a677187.jpg

nice one sd... I like the idea of the hushpowers got loads of places were one would be perfect :hmm:

is it compulsory that horsey people are miserable tw@ts, I get more crap off them than anyone else:censored:

there use to be a bloke on here that put up a pigeon meatloaf recipe, I put a bit of a twist on it due to not having the right stuff in, me 19 year old who won't eat what everyone else is having devoured it.. strange kid

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, si brown said:

nice one sd... I like the idea of the hushpowers got loads of places were one would be perfect :hmm:

is it compulsory that horsey people are miserable tw@ts, I get more crap off them than anyone else:censored:

there use to be a bloke on here that put up a pigeon meatloaf recipe, I put a bit of a twist on it due to not having the right stuff in, me 19 year old who won't eat what everyone else is having devoured it.. strange kid

Yes, it could be claimed I got the idea off him too.

It's the only way to process woodies I think...that or burgers!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I'm over in mallorca at minute, 34 degrees & poolside. But secretly I'd rather be in a windy stubble field with hours to kill. Enjoy bernard!

Can't see how the decoys will work there buddy and besides, shouldn't you be driving a grain trailor around?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

besides, shouldn't you be driving a grain trailor around?

Don't you bloody start! No, I shouldn't be - I'm employed as a shepherd! Took a bit of explanation to my gaffer what a holiday is!! 

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Stavross said:

Make the most of it BenBhoy, not long now before the tups go in and it all starts again ???, my missus has booked us a holiday in September and I would happily swap it for a week pigeon shooting

Our first lot of tups go in my first day, back August 26th to lamb again in January. And I still love it!! 

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Our first lot of tups go in my first day, back August 26th to lamb again in January. And I still love it!! 

What's the ground like? Get much foot rot? Do you have plenty of room to rotate them on?

They are missing you buddy ?

IMG_20190812_211509_939.jpg.6c61829de2a02d0dfa9c7571ec724ddb.jpg

13 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

What's the ground like? Get much foot rot? Do you have plenty of room to rotate them on?

They are missing you buddy ?

IMG_20190812_211509_939.jpg.6c61829de2a02d0dfa9c7571ec724ddb.jpg

My wife will warn you bernard, "don't start Ben talking about sheep"!! 

We don't suffer too bad with foot issues as I have a pretty strict cull policy (two strikes and your a kebab). 

We have lots of grass this year & rotate with the cattle to reduce/control worm burden with minimal anthelmintic use. 

I'll stop there....

• Like 1