Terrier clubs

54 minutes ago, morton said:

Ill take it as tongue in cheek about the staying power of a beddy?.If im out and about with the scruffy fluffs i take advantage of the younger,keener,fitter and more easily influenced youths in attendance and let them warm the grafter,I prefer to spectate and dictate.The average decent terrier will always be such,much akin to the owner.I can state with a little regret that decent digging terriers where far easier to source a few decades ago and thats a fact that the youngsters now, sick of culling shite may attest to.Getting back on point the FMWTC is a far more important organisation than any other,they rescue many a useful and useless mutt,they are there to be used by anybody that wishes to enter a terrier,good bad and indifferent,that covers the owners as well,they do fantastic charity work,Nicky as a show at the causeway Inn next weekend?,he has raised many,many thousands over the years for charity,he,s rescued a few mutts as well if thats important.For a lousy tenner you can work your mutts with a safety net,support your local FMWTClubs and the tireless individuals that do the thankless tasks we lazy twats take for granted,get along to the shows and charity events and donate a little that gives us a lot.

Fair play 2 ya 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We live in an ever changing world and Chilli has hit the nail on the head. For the past 35 years one of the increasingly important roles of well run and well supported Terrier Clubs, is that collectiv

I think terrierwork in general is on a downward spiral, a lot have left the game and none of the younger generation have replaced them. Also in regards to terrier clubs, the notion of meeting onc

so we live in the modern world , why not a internet based terrier club , a page on facebook or another site , £5 to join, so when you register to join a forum you pay fee , all monies to NWTF ,   badg

Wheres tree hands too ! 

Back to the clubs  .

We used to have a terrier and lurcher club nearby that I was a member of as a young lad that lead to some decent introductions and invites .I was taken along by the old boy who gave me my first terriers .I remember being in awe at some of the stories told there especially otter and badger work ,this being pre ban on both .

Lads came from afar afield as Gloucester and Hereford but it gradually folded when the older members of the committee died off and nobody wanted to take it on .

It needs a certain type of person either man or women to keep records ,inform everybody of goings on and be the brunt of moaning sometimes .Not for me I’m afraid .Met in a pub in old town Swindon before it was renamed Swindia 

I would say the advent of the internet killed off most social gatherings of any type .