Sign in to follow this  
Dave_4

Saving the plums

The squirrels have started on my parents plum tree, so armed with my AirArms s410 and a tin of diabolo field, I’ve started on the squirrels. 

The feeder was only up for a few hours and had a couple of customers. 

48444266701_2eb299c908_b.jpg

48444421317_f369ab722a_b.jpg

I’ll be back there in a couple of days, hopefully with a few more tree rats to share.

Edited by Dave_4
  • Like 9

Good shooting Dave. I’ve got them on my fruit trees as well, and bleddy wasps. Just picked a bowl of plums today, but loads of them have been had. The pears look ok though, for now......

• Like 1

On 04/08/2019 at 19:19, Rimfireboy! said:

Good shooting Dave. I’ve got them on my fruit trees as well, and bleddy wasps. Just picked a bowl of plums today, but loads of them have been had. The pears look ok though, for now......

Controlling the squirrels is slightly easier than bugs, I lost all my greengages last year to insects!

had a couple more this morning before work. 

48478383991_16e8a3dc4b_b.jpg

48478534897_ac12e54d96_b.jpg

• Like 3

They need thinned out mate bold as brass humping your statue right in front of you 

• Haha 2

My parents have returned from their holiday, so the feeder has come down. Not that they like having the tree rats eat the fruit, but my mums a bit squeamish 😂 

three mornings landed six squirrels and a skanky magpie that looked like it had been fighting the local cats, rather than leave it limping around with a busted wing, I put it out. 

Now, I know that after a head shot nerves keep firing, the last squirrel I hit with a shot between eye and ear was still “breathing“, never wanting anything to suffer and at the time not knowing that it was a good head shot, I gave a follow up head shot, still breathing! Three head shots before it stopped! 

The last two and the magpie, feeder will go back up at home now. 

48502543001_6e3810e784_b.jpg

48502841057_9776704f29_b.jpg

48502542771_bbae8fd3c0_b.jpg

• Like 4

Nice work Dave :good:

You do occasionally seem to get the odd one that has a proper will to survive - I've had a rabbit do something similar.

• Like 1