Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well took a big leap of faith with my bitch having such a good collie grey for marking and ferreting all round really had my heart set out for another one. Whilst looking for one I came across a beddy whippet greyhound and after reading up about the x I thought I’d have ago. After many choice words, tantrums and hard work she really is proving to be a top notch dog marking is second to none  catching bolting rabbits obedience and mostly her heart what a dog so happy everything paid off and if any ferreting man is looking for a hard working dog with brilliant Capabilities Don’t over look a bedlington x 

 

CA504078-FABE-42D6-8095-7A726AFC16B1.jpeg

Edited by Lurcherman332
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Lurcherman332 said:

Well took a big leap of faith with my bitch having such a good collie grey for marking and ferreting all round really had my heart set out for another one. Whilst looking for one I came across a beddy whippet greyhound and after reading up about the x I thought I’d have ago. After many choice words, tantrums and hard work she really is proving to be a top notch dog marking is second to none  catching bolting rabbits obedience and mostly her heart what a dog so happy everything paid off and if any ferreting man is looking for a hard working dog with brilliant Capabilities Don’t over look a bedlington x 

A1EDCCC2-02FA-4C93-A301-096CCBCCF134.png

preaching to the converted mate. I always have beddywhippets and marking comes naturally to them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Lurcherman332 said:

Gotta say I’m converted too won’t look back now 

how's she bred? Bedlington x whippet greyhound or beddywhippet x greyhound? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Lurcherman332 said:

Well took a big leap of faith with my bitch having such a good collie grey for marking and ferreting all round really had my heart set out for another one. Whilst looking for one I came across a beddy whippet greyhound and after reading up about the x I thought I’d have ago. After many choice words, tantrums and hard work she really is proving to be a top notch dog marking is second to none  catching bolting rabbits obedience and mostly her heart what a dog so happy everything paid off and if any ferreting man is looking for a hard working dog with brilliant Capabilities Don’t over look a bedlington x 

A1EDCCC2-02FA-4C93-A301-096CCBCCF134.png

How old is she mate ,

I wouldn't keep any other x now ,mine ticks all the boxes .

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

How old is she mate ,

I wouldn't keep any other x now ,mine ticks all the boxes .

She’s 15 months just turned so still learning but becoming a brilliant dog and a  pleasure to own 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

My bedy grey , 18 mts old and 23tts ,looking forward to September .

she loves the water ,

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Moocher71 said:

My bedy grey , 18 mts old and 23tts ,looking forward to September .

she loves the water ,

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

Lovely dog that mate is she 1st cross? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Lurcherman332 said:

She’s 15 months just turned so still learning but becoming a brilliant dog and a  pleasure to own 

Around same age as mine ,it's easy to offend bedy blooded dogs,but once on side no better best friend to have on a mooch .

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Lurcherman332 said:

Lovely dog that mate is she 1st cross? 

Yes mate ,

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

Around same age as mine ,it's easy to offend bedy blooded dogs,but once on side no better best friend to have on a mooch .

Yeah find they very sensitive compared to other xs you gotta take a different approach with them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

Yes mate ,

 

strange that this one of mine loves water. last one wouldn't go near the stuff. your right they are easily offended 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Lurcherman332 said:

Yeah find they very sensitive compared to other xs you gotta take a different approach with them 

I have never been one for the big stick approach but I do know this cross would be ruined by it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Barrie
      For those not already aware, Alison Johnstone MSP (Scottish Green Party) has tabled a Private Member’s Bill, which if approved would have a severe, negative impact on all forms of hunting with dogs. It is presently out for public consultation and that consultation period ends on 15th September 2019, which is less than a month away. It’s essential that you and as many other likeminded individuals as possible respond before that date.
      Before responding, it’s advisable to read the comments and notes of guidance provided by the Scottish Countryside Alliance and/or Scottish Association of Country Sports. These can be found at: https://www.countryside-alliance.org/getattachment/cd8b72ad-d577-4523-bbcb-5b19a6e89461/Alison-Johnstone-Consultation-Countryside-Alliance-Response_.pdf?lang=en-GB and   https://www.sacs.org.uk/media/uploads/cat-252/banning-fox-and-hare-control-in-scotland-sacs-consultation-guidance-for-members.pdf
      The survey is also available online and can be completed at: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/WildMammals/
      It’s important to complete the survey in full (including names and addresses) and no matter how frustrating, or ridiculous you may find some of the proposals, please remember “courtesy at all times”. There's no extra points for belligerence, or for rudeness, the purpose of the exercise is to improve awareness, NOT to make any more enemies than we already have.
      Y.I.S. - Barrie
    • By abrasivewheel
      When in gods name has colour or a unique colour dictated the price of a dog .was browsing a few ads and saw someone wanting £750 for a pup . I am looking into the future so to speak in regards to replacement lurchers . things like stand out from the crowd I would if I dropped £750 on a pup because of its colour as a village idiot . I think upto about £250 + is not unreasonable due too feeding inoculations pet husbandry.  But £750 its extracting the urine me thinks 
    • By JMxyrz
      Im after abit of advice on training my 8month old bull X on the lamp.its my first dog I have had from being 9 weeks but have always been out with other lads. Wouldn’t say I’m a 100% newbie but still have a lot to learn. Any help is appreciated 

    • By two crows
      found this old article

    • By IanIan452
      Hi 
      Got a 7 month old Saluki cross on 6 week min cage rest anyone selling a mag box ? 
      thanks 
×