Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Made my missus a little herb chopper out of an old bit of leaf spring .... just before quenching I hammered in some hammer marks and left the forge scale on top for decoration ...... I was going to put a bog oak handle on it but she has decided she wants it just metal so I’m going to see if I have got enough steel in the tang to draw it out and squirrel tail it ........ 

 

B29BC383-B9A7-4EB4-BCCE-B45186350228.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, socks said:

Made my missus a little herb chopper out of an old bit of leaf spring .... just before quenching I hammered in some hammer marks and left the forge scale on top for decoration ...... I was going to put a bog oak handle on it but she has decided she wants it just metal so I’m going to see if I have got enough steel in the tang to draw it out and squirrel tail it ........ 

 

B29BC383-B9A7-4EB4-BCCE-B45186350228.jpeg

Seen them things they Eskimo use? They look the biz for herbs an stuff, that looks good tho but out a handle on it for her, don’t be bad 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their called an ulu I’m going to be having a craic at one soon ........

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, socks said:

Their called an ulu I’m going to be having a craic at one soon ........

Cheers never knew what they called 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old diamond grinder blade and a bit of antler going to make a full semi circle next time with finger holes 👍

5E1BBD10-8CB4-44BD-B8BA-1BC4E8851ABA.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to draw enough Steele out of the tang to make a squirrel tail handle.

 

5C1B0E14-A6A1-4089-9793-2491B7316475.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon there's an honesty in using the marks of manufacture as the decoration, it was the central theme of Arts and Crafts, bringing a uniqueness to each piece. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, socks said:

Managed to draw enough Steele out of the tang to make a squirrel tail handle.

 

5C1B0E14-A6A1-4089-9793-2491B7316475.jpeg

FairPlay Ken getting better every time lovely to see people still capable of old traditional methods in this world of computer driven laser cutting boring mass produced shite 👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

FairPlay Ken getting better every time lovely to see people still capable of old traditional methods in this world of computer driven laser cutting boring mass produced shite 👍👍👍

Cheers mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, socks said:

Cheers mate. 

How come you never ended up in A&E this time, you sure this is your work? no severed fingers or cut to the arms is not like you 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did catch my finger on the grinding belt but it was a mere flesh wound 😂😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×