Mated my 2 dark polecats last year and had 9 polecat kits, mated the same pair this year and she's had 3 white kits with no colouring at all, how common is this, i was hoping to keep back a dark kit for myself

20190529_103731.jpg

20190529_103818.jpg

3 hours ago, big napper said:

Mated my 2 dark polecats last year and had 9 polecat kits, mated the same pair this year and she's had 3 white kits with no colouring at all, how common is this, i was hoping to keep back a dark kit for myself

20190529_103731.jpg

20190529_103818.jpg

never had whites from 2 dark parents. have they pink eyes? I prefer whites but couldn't get any last year so ended up with 2 dark Jill's. 

Its a first for me aswell mate, dont know about eye colour yet but both parents have black eyes, if one had been a jill i might have kept one but theyr all hobs, il let you know eyes when i see them mate.

Should have some dark kits coming mate you welcome to one if you need one atb Flacko 

• Like 1

There must be albino in one of there backgrounds then mate ?> isnt Albino a dominant colour ?.

• Like 1

This is in an old ferret book by Val porter and Nicholas brown718DBD4B-B45A-47BC-8DFE-DAE85C30EA38.jpeg.7857b3f579af5dde755f32ed774234ac.jpegnothing stranger than Mother Nature 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flacko said:

Should have some dark kits coming mate you welcome to one if you need one atb Flacko 

Cheers Flacko for the offer mate, i dont need one iv got 3 good jills i was just wanted  to keep one of her kits, (if one was a jill and like her (polecat)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, neil b said:

This is in an old ferret book by Val porter and Nicholas brown718DBD4B-B45A-47BC-8DFE-DAE85C30EA38.jpeg.7857b3f579af5dde755f32ed774234ac.jpegnothing stranger than Mother Nature 

Just makes it seem more wierd as her last litter was all polecats and she was mated to the same hob 

Be very interesting to see what colour eyes are when they open 

Yes thats what im waiting for now, il let you know as soon as i see them mate

Hopefully be good workers & lucky for their new owners, (they will be if anything like their parents

• Like 1

I'm living in hope that the one you can see is a saddle back sandy cross pole..  

And she's female.  If  so she's mine... Mmm 

DSC_0013.JPG

Edited by Our team