micky

HOW DO I CATCH A BROWN TROUT ?????

POOL 8 FEET DEEP 30 WIDE  100 LONG      PICTURE 1

ENTRANCE TO POOL  6 FEET WIDE                 2

EXIT 10  SHALLOW                                              3

HOW DO I CATCH THEM . I CANNOT HOLD A ROD OR USE A REEL AND I AM THINKINKING OF A BAITED LINE ……. IF THIS CAN BE DONE...…..       HOW ?????????

007.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

stocking a stretch of chalk stream were my mates just taken on the lease👌

Might bump into you along there dc. Huant the chalkstreams in summer 👍🏻

• Haha 1

Use a long line, attached to summat solid on bank with a heavy weight ye can chuck to pretty much other side or half way out an it holds bottom then just tie other bits line onto it with hooks an worms😁😁 get it emptied 😀 it failing that let the local kids fish it for half there catch 😂

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Use a long line, attached to summat solid on bank with a heavy weight ye can chuck to pretty much other side or half way out an it holds bottom then just tie other bits line onto it with hooks an worms😁😁 get it emptied 😀 it failing that let the local kids fish it for half there catch 😂

WHAT SIZE HOOKS ?

1 hour ago, C.green said:

Might bump into you along there dc. Huant the chalkstreams in summer 👍🏻

give me a shout I get you on there mate....no looking over your shoulders then😎👍

10 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

give me a shout I get you on there mate....no looking over your shoulders then😎👍

Good man sort me out then 😁 ........

It would be very easy to empty that pool,but far better nowadays just to cast a line and get the odd decent sized fish,I fished a beat last year that cost £500 a day (I guest'ed at night) and had some nice fish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Part of the fun but thankyou for the kind offer 👍🏻

I always use a handline with 10 or 12 hooks. bit like mackem said I am a guest Fisher at lots of places. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, socks said:

Good man sort me out then 😁 ........

not far from you ken😎

37 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I always use a handline with 10 or 12 hooks. bit like mackem said I am a guest Fisher at lots of places. 

That’s what my kids use a lot of time, they love them mate 

micky use as wee a hook as possible but will still catch some with 10 an even some 8s  

or could try this? Even line wrapped round an ole coke or lager can/bottle can be used as handling, my poor wife had had a spool a line an a wee tub way some shot an some hooks in it since we met 😂 an now if she got a big bag an we out for day the lad makes her put his hobo hand line out the glove box in her bag 😂

Edited by W. Katchum
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mackem said:

It would be very easy to empty that pool,but far better nowadays just to cast a line and get the odd decent sized fish,I fished a beat last year that cost £500 a day (I guest'ed at night) and had some nice fish.

you ever used clove oil mack to empty a river?😉

5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

you ever used clove oil mack to empty a river?😉

No mate,i wouldn't tip anything into a river,leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos (and fish).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1