when the young

when the youngsters take a interest in dogs and hunting from a young ages ive always drilled it into them about the need for pest control and what the different dogs jobs are and so on ive never forced it on them both girls have been out digging and the young boy has never had a interest he is football mad and boxing but no doubt he will ask some day to take a run out but this we girl is dog and hunting madWP_20190406_13_03_31_Pro.jpg.4c1a88d0167dd89581311a90dca3d26d.jpgWP_20190406_14_24_50_Pro.jpg.a118b5f3b685d7e72869989e57ed53e7.jpgWP_20190406_14_25_12_Pro.jpg.80952ea2d26618b2a182a1f76ac3f193.jpgWP_20190406_14_25_26_Pro.jpg.fb5d7fb92c9fe40aac825d83e2ae176c.jpg

Edited by milliken
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Good man can only teach the willing and good on her getting out and not looking at a screen all day ??

when she was in per School there was a red stag running round there school had get police marksman in to shoot it the next morning in school some the kids took it real bad what had happened so the teacher mad up a story that the police only put it to sleep and it was sent back to Santa my we girl had asked me the night before what was gonna happen the stag that got shot I had told her that it wouldn't go to waste and it would end up as sausages and bugers so being young she told all the kids and the teachers that the story wasn't ture and what really happen I had interesting chat with the teacher lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, milliken said:

when she was in per School there was a red stag running round there school had get police marksman in to shoot it the next morning in school some the kids took it real bad what had happened so the teacher mad up a story that the police only put it to sleep and it was sent back to Santa my we girl had asked me the night before what was gonna happen the stag that got shot I had told her that it wouldn't go to waste and it would end up as sausages and bugers so being young she told all the kids and the teachers that the story wasn't ture and what really happen I had interesting chat with the teacher lol

No point making stuff up like that may aswell know the truth from the start Don't we as parents always say not to lie to us? My daughter asked where meat comes from so told her the truth and the purpose of the animal 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

No point making stuff up like that may aswell know the truth from the start Don't we as parents always say not to lie to us? My daughter asked where meat comes from so told her the truth and the purpose of the animal 

that's why the world is the way it is today with so many anti because from a young age the kids are filled full of rubbish about wildlife and told all the good points but don't get told the other side and the need for control

• Like 1

My son has football practise at 10 in the village where i worked.rather than drive back and forth he came to work with me at the slaughterhouse.1st time he wasn't sure about the pigs being stuck.it tends to squirt right out like a water fountain but then he does little jobs there.he was about 9 at the time.

• Like 1

keep encouraging them...because they will go off and do their own thing in the end.....but with an understanding of whats ,what?

I've explained where and how the food they eat comes from...why I have terriers for vermin control and runners to keep the freezers full....providing a service and only taking what we need.didnt do me any harm ,my children are free to make their own choices in life,not to follow the flock?

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

My son has football practise at 10 in the village where i worked.rather than drive back and forth he came to work with me at the slaughterhouse.1st time he wasn't sure about the pigs being stuck.it tends to squirt right out like a water fountain but then he does little jobs there.he was about 9 at the time.

I'm a butcher by trade from I left school ive been boning beef from i was 15 so the kids alway have a good understanding of where food comes from and about the quality welfare and so on of the animals in the UK compared to other countries and the importance of buying locally

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

keep encouraging them...because they will go off and do their own thing in the end.....but with an understanding of whats ,what?

I've explained where and how the food they eat comes from...why I have terriers for vermin control and runners to keep the freezers full....providing a service and only taking what we need.didnt do me any harm ,my children are free to make their own choices in life,not to follow the flock?

Bang on mate...we've talked a lot about this and it's the only way I could bring them up....they hold that knowledge all their life...mine have been out with me from 4 years old... they aren't the same as me when I was a kid though...I was mad keen to hunt or fish everyday if possible lol.... there are more distractions now...but they have the grounding and they still come out regular enough..

• Like 2
4 hours ago, milliken said:

when the youngsters take a interest in dogs and hunting from a young ages ive always drilled it into them about the need for pest control and what the different dogs jobs are and so on ive never forced it on them both girls have been out digging and the young boy has never had a interest he is football mad and boxing but no doubt he will ask some day to take a run out but this we girl is dog and hunting madWP_20190406_13_03_31_Pro.jpg.4c1a88d0167dd89581311a90dca3d26d.jpgWP_20190406_14_24_50_Pro.jpg.a118b5f3b685d7e72869989e57ed53e7.jpgWP_20190406_14_25_12_Pro.jpg.80952ea2d26618b2a182a1f76ac3f193.jpgWP_20190406_14_25_26_Pro.jpg.fb5d7fb92c9fe40aac825d83e2ae176c.jpg

Great stuff mate....

4 hours ago, milliken said:

Bless her ,she gets a trophy for that !!

Edited by Moocher71
1 hour ago, milliken said:

I'm a butcher by trade from I left school ive been boning beef from i was 15 so the kids alway have a good understanding of where food comes from and about the quality welfare and so on of the animals in the UK compared to other countries and the importance of buying locally

Boning beef, sounds like the correct PPE could be required, and do you use a ramp ?