What a great weekend

7 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I am ashamed to say that I followed my Sat nav ,  I came off the M5 junction 25 ? Henlade ? then came through Dorchester. 

I come off at Bridgewater,left at top of slip road,over the hill,left at bottom by traffic lights ,follow that road for a bit,come to a car wash place on the right,and there's s pink pub just after it,turn right down side of the pub ,keep going to cross road,turn right,that will take you  to illchester crossroads,a right then sharp left,take you through illchester past water buffalo farm to Yeovil then  sherborne and to Dorchester.

• Like 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought a Sun holiday off a mate who couldn’t make it . Went to Warmwell parkdene in Dorset, the weather was fantastic, the daughter and son in law and grand kids came down as well . Never had a holida

I did , I paddled in my wellies!!! Glad I did , the water might look inviting but it was freezing. My ma ma didn’t bring up a thicko ?

Just shows how much fun you can have in wellies!    We've had a weekend toiling in the garden; digging some of the veg' beds over and then planting some feature plants in an old pond that w

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Had a weekend with the terriers down Cornwall a few years back, what a lovely place, I’d move there in a crack.

Bit different there now mate ,just scorched earth after the cull .

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Having served in the military myself, I know exactly the kind of guys. I myself was a thrust into a training platoon , with streetwise kids from Liverpool, London , Newcastle, Glasgow, Belfast, you name it . And I was a Yokle , and f@ck me did they rip the piss , I remember the drill sergeant , making me say “ Oi can’t read , Oi can’t Wright, but that don’t matter, cos oi can ride tractor .” They used to piss themselves as I said it in my west country accent. But we are all different, and the military knows this , if you want to do a bayonet charge , like the Scott’s Guards did on Tumbledown, you pick a Scottish Regiment, who get fired up at the sound of bagpipes, but if you want to defend somewhere like the Glorious Gloucesters did at the Imgin river in the Korean War then a West Country boy is your best bet , I can just hear them saying “ them f@ckers ain’t getting one foot over yer “ . It’s just a different mind set . I’m West Country and proud , City boys think we’re thick , but there aren’t many poor farmers  , but there are a lot of flash city boys with flash cars living in a rented flat with a parafin  heater . 

Get in ,top drawer ,plus one for us carrot crunchers .