I know this is a bit of a stab in the dark but after putting the feelers out with alot of guy aload of months ago no body has been able to get us sort yet with anything suitable

we are on the look out for a couple of entered foxhounds and a couple of young pups

we are a small foot pack that hunt twice a week threw the season at the minute we are only hunting 3 couple id like to be running 6 couple at the start of next season ive had a few offer but they have been rioting on hares or deer just though id as about now that everyone is finished up and are maybe think of cutting. Numbers down or notice ones slowing up abit it also give me time to get they integrate into the pack and bit of bond built up before we start again in September I know hounds and money don't usually go hand in hand but am willing to fork out or put on day hunting or anything else I could do to help

Edited by milliken
  • Like 2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the new hounds out for bit exercise and my new whip for the season great when the young ones take a interest

I really like them if I’m honest Shane and for a small foot pack I think they would be perfect, I’ve seen a few want to do there own thing but I also think they hunt better being in a pack predominant

The Welsh hound i have is very same as that.work n mark all day but come the end of the day she gets temperamental lol suppose a bit like myself

Posted Images

there are some good guys on here who have went out there way to try help us out but as much as I dislike harriers ive drafted a couple in will they be in the pack come the start of the season that will depend on if I can get them straight its gonna be a hard task but at the minute we have no other option's

so please if anyone knows of any genuine foxhounds that are straight send me a pm as we just keep getting more and more ground to hunt and with what we have now I feel it will be hard to cover

12 minutes ago, milliken said:

there are some good guys on here who have went out there way to try help us out but as much as I dislike harriers ive drafted a couple in will they be in the pack come the start of the season that will depend on if I can get them straight its gonna be a hard task but at the minute we have no other option's

so please if anyone knows of any genuine foxhounds that are straight send me a pm as we just keep getting more and more ground to hunt and with what we have now I feel it will be hard to cover

We have 3 young harriers there at the minute and if they carry on as they’ve started they’ll make decent enough hounds. 

4 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

We have 3 young harriers there at the minute and if they carry on as they’ve started they’ll make decent enough hounds. 

how are they with hares and deer as most are county holes both and I would rather do with out then have mad harriers that hunt anything when you have had a pack of 9 couple that only hunted fox never lift there head on anything else it just make hunting that much more stress free

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, milliken said:

how are they with hares and deer as most are county holes both and I would rather do with out then have mad harriers that hunt anything when you have had a pack of 9 couple that only hunted fox never lift there head on anything else it just make hunting that much more stress free

My local pack are harriers and they flush deer alk the time and put up hares and don't give them a glance.none of them.

I know it can be done its just gonna be hard work ahead with them especially the older dog that's been been doing it acouple of seasons

for a hound that's been created to hunt hares its gonna take some effort to stop but that time and effort will be put in that you can be sure of

8 minutes ago, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

Mine are starting to come round to me..... they seem to be looking away over the fence there .

0650651E-EF71-4762-96F8-1D5BC2CF2DDE.jpeg

hope they aren't looking over the fence think soon as we are let out we are gone

On 25/03/2019 at 13:46, milliken said:

thanks mate but I don't think they would fit in with the hounds I have there at the minute

We're gone back the small hound route  I'm hoping to sort you out true a mate.. something along the lines of what I gave dig deep 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Shovel shy said:

We're gone back the small hound route  I'm hoping to sort you out true a mate.. something along the lines of what I gave dig deep 

really appreciate that mate I hear she was a good bitch