Bull

Compared to your typical beagle, spaniel terrier x types they next to useless. 

To big to slow and no coat protection they get sore quick. 

I used to give mine a morning out once a week with the bushers after couple hours continually pushing on through bramble looked like been dipped in red paint, ears torn to shreds. 

Never going to be serious contender for bushing bramble, blackberry etc but if nothing else give it some fun. 

• Like 3
On 21/03/2019 at 22:51, 2504 said:

Is anyone using staffies for bushing? I’ve just got a pup and just wondering if it’s worth bringing it on,

just got another myself, well more of a companion dog for the wife really, house dog, had him couple week now coming on well. 

Edited by Jackknife
  • Like 1

Me & my older bro had a staffxpit years ago when I was a kid & he would bush all day long he absoulty loved to bush & was a great dog to mark & he would jump through fire for my brother he had him well trained his only downfall was if my brother wasn't there he would fight other dogs but sadly he got pinched when he was about 6-7yrs old & never to be seen again but he will never be forgotten as he was a cracking atb cbx 

• Like 4
On 21/03/2019 at 23:51, 2504 said:

Is anyone using staffies for bushing? I’ve just got a pup and just wondering if it’s worth bringing it on,

Do it mate. Spend the time teaching it. Mine was a bloody good one. She'd Bush like a demon, retrieve same as a gundog, and wind like a pointer. Go to YouTube and search 'rabbit retrieved' thats my Little Mo ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, mushroom said:

Do it mate. Spend the time teaching it. Mine was a bloody good one. She'd Bush like a demon, retrieve same as a gundog, and wind like a pointer. Go to YouTube and search 'rabbit retrieved' thats my Little Mo ;)

Just had a look a gundog handler would have been well pleased with that retrieve spot on.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mushroom said:

My bitch tried to eat every rabbit she ever got her mouth on. Lol. Only dog I’ve ever had that would eat them whole a couple of crunches then start swallowing like a feckin snake. Lol. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, darbo said:

Just had a look a gundog handler would have been well pleased with that retrieve spot on.

She beat gundogs (labs, spaniel etc) in BASC scurries mate lol they handlers were well pissed :laugh:

• Haha 5