Bobby Robson Documentry

Just finished watching the Sunderland thing Max, and with absolutely no wind up at all here is my honest opinion.

Now, I understand I watched a tv programme and they can edit that any way they want but just based on watching I can tell you that clubs problem right away........it’s the fans!

They are an absolute embarrassment, they are completely deluded for starters.

All I kept hearing was “massive club, massive club”.......that football club should start with making the fans get real about their football.

Keeping on about the stadium and all that old bollocks, so f***ing what is what I’d be saying to them!

My little club is in a state of the art 60,000 seat stadium but it don’t make us Barcelona......we are a little mid table club who just happen to have a nice facility, end of.

This mob think they should be winning the premiership!......and the way they slag their team is terrible, no wonder no f****r wants to play for them.

winning 1-0 and it’s blinding, go down 2-1 and the fans are calling them all the wankers under the sun......I mean, it’s not like you have the best players in the world.

You have journeymen and players playing out their career and some youngsters just out of the academy.....that’s it, be real about them, your fans are breaking these lads.

There is one loon cracking on about “best support in the country” because you took a 1000 away to Bristol?.....big deal!.....non league clubs get a 1000 attendance.

Your fans are an absolute disgrace mate, all leaving 30 minutes from the end because you are a goal down, row upon rows of empty seats.

The players look beat coming out the tunnel and I’m not surprised.

As a club, you are a midget in an Italian suit 4 sizes too big......you belong in a tracksuit but you don’t want to grasp that reality and just enjoy going to your football whatever happens.

The reality is, it’s not the type of area your top class player is going to want come if he can get the same money somewhere else......it just isn’t !

I understand the fans love their area, but some 25 year old looking at the thick end of 30 large a week isn’t going to choose the NE unless he comes from there or there isn’t a nicer place to go......that’s reality 

So you get the players you get, and they play to the standard they are......that’s reaity 

Your stadium is too big for you at the current time and it’s giving fans ideas of grandeur they shouldn’t have......that’s reality

There was one geezer confronted Chris Coleman and called him a “prick”.......the bloke obviously ain’t got a clue because come on, it dont take much thinking about what Coleman has to work with.

All the managers you have had is a damning reflection on that club and on the pressure your fans put on the board.....it’s nonsense mate.

You sound like you love going your football and taking your nephew I think it is......well that’s it, just enjoy your day and make sure the young lad enjoys his day mate......tell him it’s about going football and f**k the result.

You should really be playing in a much smaller ground and your fans may start to get a grip and just enjoy going.

Then you will see a change in your players attitude.

Thats just my opinion anyway mate based on what I watched.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talking of great managers.... thought id just share this letter i received at a bit of a shit time a few years ago....ive showed everyone else in the country so why not ?

Anyway, West Ham invading the pitch at Sligo Rovers ! Lol 

Anyone watched it? I genuinely thought it was one of the best things I have ever watched on football. I don’t mind saying I had a lump in my throat a few times watching it but the end had me

Posted Images

Wasn’t trying to insult you big lad, it’s just how it came across in the documentry.

You have no doubt been the victim of bad management and bad decisions given all the money that Short pumped into the club........but that didn’t detract from what I said, and as I say, I do understand it was an edited TV programme mate.

The best lad was the old taxi driver bloke, yes he had a moan but he was quiet cool and down to earth at his football.

No screaming and shouting, just having a walk off to the footy on a Saturday knowing they are probably going to get rinsed but happy enough enjoying his day and his club.

Anyway, as I said, it’s just what came across in the series mate.

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

And Roy Keane and Gary Neville summed it up re modern day players.

They said their is something wrong when players choose a Watford ' Bournemouth ' QPR' Fulham ' Palace ect

Over Sunderland AFC ' Boro ' Sheffield Wed's' Sheffield United' ect .

And that's another problem in the game.

Its full of Fannys getting told When of their WAGS.

Of course young lads want to be on the south coast or in London rather than Sheffield or Boro or Sunderland......that’s a no brainier that is mate.

There’s a lot of fans dreaming of being an oil sheiks play thing, it’s no way to build a football club imho.....not my cup of tea.

Short was a billionaire owner who pumped in vast sums of money and you are still st the place you are at, so what’s the problem?

You don’t get to be a billionaire by making bad choices about your management team imho........so something else is wrong at that club.

That ground is a millstone around your clubs neck at the minute mate, that will be costing a fortune to run and you just could do without it at the minute I’m guessing.

I finished watching it last night as well, and I really enjoyed it tbh...

The fans are desperate for a break, and perhaps as Wilf said a bit deluded....but...

I'd be pissed off as a fan when the club has had money squandered like that, Jack Rodwell on £60k a week and doesn't get a game!

The keeper, Steele, when he was off on a loan he couldn't wait to leave, he looked shot.. then it fell through...well it don't take einstein to realise he was gonna be in a bad place returning...

The facilities look fantastic, all of the staff genuinely love the club and the fans imo are no different to any others, passionate about their club and after years of bad management feeling short changed....the bloke who confronted Coleman was a twat...the taxi driver knew the score...

The unfortunate truth is football is now led by money, Sunderland wasted like no other, the fans may hate Ellis but he was sticking his hand in his pocket for a few years and relying on the management to do the right things... they didn't, the paid over inflated transfer fees and championship players were on Premiership wages.... that Grabben couldn't wait to go, the bloke had scored 12 goals in the league, he should been told we are building the team around you this season, manage him properly, he may have been a twat but goals keep you up....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

It shouldn't be if your a footballer .

As top pro's have stated they Fannys getting told when off their wives.

They not doing it for footballing reasons as the Men of the past did.

Another one of the reasons the modern game is becoming sanatised.

I'd say the football at Sunderland hasn't been anyway to attract players for a good few years mate...

The likes of Bournemouth are light years ahead regards playing football 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Tell the Nephew fook the result lol

You try telling him that after going every other week to a home game and not seeing them win in over 14 months or whatever it was lol

Now that takes some doing for any fan especially kids ?

Yep, that’s exactly what I am saying.

I saw all your fans streaming across the bridge and towards your ground, the grub stalls and the craic outside, the boozers with all the old boys.......that’s what going to your club in football days is all about.

Sometimes it’s all you have to hold on to.......why do you think so many fans were gutted to leave the Boleyn ?

It was not because of the nice surroundings ! Lol.....it’s wall to wall paki shops and grubby as f**k but it’s about more than that.

Its the social club, the Boleyn and Queens with your pals, it’s pie and mash and a mug of tea and everyone chatting football talk.......that’s what I used to take my boy to, what happened on the pitch was just part of a whole thing.

He loves his little club for all the right reasons, even when every kid around him is talking about City or Liverpool or Man Unt or Barcelona and he still loves his hammers.

That, imho, is what it’s all about......don’t let him buy into all the negative crap some of them fans were spewing out mate......it will just ruin it for him pal 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

One thing Safc fans are not is deluded.

We don't want Messi's or Ronsldo's

We want a team of men running thru a brick wall for the Club.

100% triers nothing more' nothing less.

Not those that shirk and throw the towel in whilst on 50-70k per week.

your Rodwells' NDongs ' Kone's ' Lens ' Dilabojis' Grabbans ect 

They were a shame on themselfs and their family's never mind paying support.

The lad Williams at least got what it ment.

And we have a young man now Luke O'Nein who's attitude is first class.

Gooch is another ' Watmore' Cattermole when fit ' McGeouch ( who for the life of me can't get in the starting 11 ) . Leadbitter' Mcgloughlin' Honeyman ( although not a Captain in my book ). Hume' 

these are players that will put it on the line and that's all Safc support wants ' not your fancy dans who think they bigger than the Club.

Give Saf

That's fine in the lower leagues mate, all grafters will graft out results...

Funnily enough you mention Messi and Ronaldo as if they aren't grafters....I'm not sure if you watch much football outside of Sunderland because those 2 players alongside out of this world ability are grafters and from all accounts the hardest trainers off the pitch, you don't reach the very top on ability alone...

All of us want to see those players who would run through a wall for the team, but the position you were in last season you needed a bit of quality as well...as much as a prick that Grabben may have been, he was scoring you goals most weeks, he may have made the difference for you..... sometimes you need to manage a player like that differently and not just expect him to love Sunderland till he dies

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Jack Rodwell l had no intentions of playing

He said he wasn't upto to the job of playing in midfield anymore.

He was a parasite .

Pure Scum in the eyes of Safc support.

Id of benched him every week and made him run the line every 5 mins so he knew what the fans thought of him.

He stole a living .

Yeah I agree on him mate, he came over as an arrogant wanker... "I've been working for this since I was 7 years old".... what to not play football for a struggling championship club and just pick up your money...good work nob head!!

But.... I still say management is key here, his talent doesn't just disappear...work out how he ticks...is it hard line management or take him to one side during training, tell him he's the best player in the squad, make him feel 20ft tall.... pro players are a breed of their own, but good manager know how to get the best out of them....

If he point blank refuses to play, the the line fine him his wages every week....

Edited by NEWKID
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Ellis Short had the right intentions ' he just employed the wrong people at the top.

In a nutshell mate...if you trust people with your money you expect them not to f**k it up, unfortunately they did....

7 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah I agree on him mate, he came over as an arrogant wanker... "I've been working for this since I was 7 years old".... what to not play football for a struggling championship club and just pick up your money...good work nob head!!

But.... I still say management is key here, his talent doesn't just disappear...work out how he ticks...is it hard line management or take him to one side during training, tell him he's the best player in the squad, make him feel 20ft tall.... pro players are a breed of their own, but good manager know how to get the best out of them....

If he point blank refuses to play, the the line fine him his wages every week....

I sort of took the view watching that of, why should the lad just throw away 70 large a week?

He has a contract, they agreed it, they forgot to put the clause in the contract to drop his wages......too bad.

Players have a short career and to be fair, I’d want 70 grand a week to stare out the window and look at Sunderland every day ! Lol lol 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

I sort of took the view watching that of, why should the lad just throw away 70 large a week?

He has a contract, they agreed it, they forgot to put the clause in the contract to drop his wages......too bad.

Players have a short career and to be fair, I’d want 70 grand a week to stare out the window and look at Sunderland every day ! Lol lol 

Depends what makes you tick I suppose, if I was in his shoes I'd be thinking I'm better than this and I'm gonna prove it, he gets the £70k whether he performs or not...why not get out and do what your paid for, considering it's most of our dreams as a kid....

You never know if he has a good season a big club comes in for him and he's on decent wage plus 10% of transfer fee.... a bit of pride and all that ..

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

He was contracted to play football Wilf but was saying he was mentally and physically not up to the midfield role anymore.

That should Be grounds to sack him but the mental health slant will have prob left Safc open to all sorts of problems the parasitic c**t he is imo 

Mind you mate, when that Jock chief exec was trying the morality craic about Rodwell I had a wry smile on my face......a club that has had as many managers as your club and a chief exec who’s just presided over the shortest management tenure in the clubs history trying to lecture a player about morality in football.

Bit rich don’t you think?

• Like 1