Old photo 1960

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

Some good pics you've put up mate, what part of Wales were you born

Pontypool but my mam went to north wales soon as I was born we stayed on Anglesey until I was five then back to fens .my mum would travel to wales every couple yrs when we was kids ,she'd call it our holiday .

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great uncle wearing suit and tie with me aunt and what looks like a collie greyhound 

My dad and square vardo hereford 1955 ,No better life .

That  dog could keep the family fed when things where tough I was told  . the dog was a proper thief with no respect for boundaries lol . One time so the story goes they stopped over night and the dog

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

She looks cracking did she produce any good pups .

sadly not mate I only had her just over two years...befor I lost her whilst out coursing....she ran a hare and was never seen again.....I looked and looked for her for days on end...posters up ...rang dog catchers police rspca ect.....she was microchipped .....but never got her back ..I was gutted of course....my plan was to put her to the other dog in the avatar pic...who belongs to maxhardcore of this site

• Sad 2
34 minutes ago, TOMO said:

sadly not mate I only had her just over two years...befor I lost her whilst out coursing....she ran a hare and was never seen again.....I looked and looked for her for days on end...posters up ...rang dog catchers police rspca ect.....she was microchipped .....but never got her back ..I was gutted of course....my plan was to put her to the other dog in the avatar pic...who belongs to maxhardcore of this site

I had and did exactly the same thing, mine was a little black and tan bitch, on a fen just by my house, so I think someone picked mine up, loads of lads coursing driving round here back then, crap do mate.

DSCF7654.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

yeh it pissed me off the not knowing....I hoped a nice family picked her up in the local village.....because she was very good pet dog as well....she had a very relaxed attitude ...

even if I had found her dead in a ditch at least I would have known.....but not a bloody thing.....

• Like 2

I have no idea who bred either dog....it would be nice to know a bit more about my own.....spent 20 mins talking to the fella at the cattle market....then paid my ££ dough and walked away with her.....he told me her breeding was deer/grey x whipp/grey....the guy was from down in heartfordshire ....don't even know his name....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bearfoot said:

Bought my old bitch of a guy 40pnd never new his name either ?fortune favours the bold ?

yes the impetuosity of youth......I was 35...:icon_redface:......glad I bought her though

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Meet another lad mate paid 20pnd fr a bitch was getting run night day straw bitch 27inch at 10 month lad said she wasn't good enough  he gave her time off the next season or two she killed rhfd fr fun very fast cracking bitch ran her until she was old seen her killing her last hare in the corner of a field it got 3 feet she nailed it think she was 12 13 yr old then plenty 5s regular daytime great lamper 50s 60s easy fast as fook ??baw seen her out over 30 rabbits in daytime rushes ?

• Like 3
11 hours ago, TOMO said:

Some one picked her up ,I had one stolen few yrs ago ,we did same posters etc but no luck ,then 4 yr later we get a call from vets miles away,family had payed good money and he was family pet by this time .reslly loved etc so we let him stay with the family ,they told us who sold him to them ,nothing came of it .

the joys of running dogs 

mooch

5 hours ago, TOMO said:

I have no idea who bred either dog....it would be nice to know a bit more about my own.....spent 20 mins talking to the fella at the cattle market....then paid my ££ dough and walked away with her.....he told me her breeding was deer/grey x whipp/grey....the guy was from down in heartfordshire ....don't even know his name....

Don't matter what's in them as long as they doing the job,

lurchers we had around wagons,trailers was always lurcher x lurcher and go back to greyhound every now again ,they didn't care as long as they worked .

• Like 2