Countries, where the hunting with fast running dogs, its mixes and lurchers is not banned

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't have vids of it but go on the site Boardogs for more info.They use all sorts of dogs on pigs here,sheepdogs,pointers all bull breeds and them crossed with sighthounds and some use terriers.

Thanks a lot! I checked vids - it is pretty cool and idea of armor for boardogs is brilliant and seems to be obvious - after you've seen it. Not sure if my dogs would be able to hunt like that though. They catch and choke the beast, not like catch and hold it till hunter arrives to finish it. And to choke the boar...do not know)

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you! We hunt mainly hares and foxes) if very lucky - can run after deers (not too many in the woods here nowadays, alas)   Khortiy is mixture of local dogs + brought in Asian hounds like Sa

Spotlight on fox with dogs western Australia.

nice slow mo clip in the middle of this film..    

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Olesia Che said:

Thanks a lot! I checked vids - it is pretty cool and idea of armor for boardogs is brilliant and seems to be obvious - after you've seen it. Not sure if my dogs would be able to hunt like that though. They catch and choke the beast, not like catch and hold it till hunter arrives to finish it. And to choke the boar...do not know)

Yeah,I've done a bit of pig hunting but always preferred hunting with running dogs on fast game.I just have whippet crosses now and mainly hunt rabbits and the odd hare and fox with them.Watching the dogs run is what I mostly enjoy about hunting.You would have to finish the boar with a knife or rifle if usuing dogs.

12 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Yeah,I've done a bit of pig hunting but always preferred hunting with running dogs on fast game.I just have whippet crosses now and mainly hunt rabbits and the odd hare and fox with them.Watching the dogs run is what I mostly enjoy about hunting.You would have to finish the boar with a knife or rifle if usuing dogs.

right, when you see the dogs running it is like the soul flies with them.. well, finishing the boar with knife does not sound too terrible as long dogs hold the boar tight, but with foxes and hares it is way more simple for hunter)

• Like 1

So it looks like it is mainly English-speaking countries (UK, Ireland, US, Australia) + Czech Republic and Slovakia and Lebanon. I wonder why it is not like that in other countries. At least in EU. Is it cos it is for protecting wildlife? But hunting with guns is not banned in same countries where hunting with dogs is banned. There should be some logic behind it, right?

1 hour ago, Olesia Che said:

So it looks like it is mainly English-speaking countries (UK, Ireland, US, Australia) + Czech Republic and Slovakia and Lebanon. I wonder why it is not like that in other countries. At least in EU. Is it cos it is for protecting wildlife? But hunting with guns is not banned in same countries where hunting with dogs is banned. There should be some logic behind it, right?

other European countries like Spain and Italy etc.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, TOMO said:

the bottom film is south America...argentina chilli....Patagonia area I think...also hunting Rhea....flightless bird like an emu..

shame on me, you are totally right, found it on one website where they said it is in Italia and I did not watch whole video.. so Spain - they hunt with sighthounds there somehow, Argentina - looks like yes too, wonder now about Italy - it is allowed there or not

5 minutes ago, Olesia Che said:

oh my! how they manage to run on such surface at all!? 

yes amazing isn't it.....they run similar land in the Spanish islands of Majorca ..Ibiza ...and canary islands ...but they run rabbits on these islands using podencos in Ibizan hound

• Like 1