Clamour for the sun

14meter tides near me this morning so a little walk along the foreshore to see what had washed up( durex ,old clipper lighters and syringes sadly) as it was a short walk by normal standards left me lizard out running round the room and when I returned sun was beaming on the dogs bed lizard was enjoying the warmth and comfort but dogs wanted in on the only bit of sun in the room 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

It's lovely when the sun makes an appearance on these chillier days.

It was beautiful at about 7am this morning. Venus and the moon wee so bright there was hardly anything else visible and with the ground white with hard frost it was almost like daylight.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

It was beautiful at about 7am this morning. Venus and the moon wee so bright there was hardly anything else visible and with the ground white with hard frost it was almost like daylight.

Things only folk like us seem to appreciate, millions of others will go through scenes like that on a daily basis and never see it ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

I've just read that Jupiter is the 'star' next to Venus in the morning at the moment too. It's pretty cool. I suspected it was either Jupiter or Saturn as pretty much all actual stars are outshone that time of morning with only planets and the moon visible.

When the dragon goes missing in my house I can ask the Russell were it is and she will go and find it straight away, I often pick up Young or injured animals on my travels and the dogs no that anything in the house is a no no, have had squirrels hedgehogs and a few bird species here over the years and though the dogs want a pop they soon take them in there stride were as they would kill them in an instant outdoors ✌✌✌

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, fred90 said:

How's the lurcher bred? 

In truth mate don't have a clue, he,s another animal I rescued, I'd give him a lot of collie from his markings and behaviour he,s 24ats 21kilo and 5year old he had a bit of a colourful past and did,nt come to me until he was 18months old that's all I no ?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

When the dragon goes missing in my house I can ask the Russell were it is and she will go and find it straight away, I often pick up Young or injured animals on my travels and the dogs no that anything in the house is a no no, have had squirrels hedgehogs and a few bird species here over the years and though the dogs want a pop they soon take them in there stride were as they would kill them in an instant outdoors ✌✌✌

When I'm looking for the dragon I ask the kids and they usually say she's in the kitchen emptying the dishwasher ?

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I've just read that Jupiter is the 'star' next to Venus in the morning at the moment too. It's pretty cool. I suspected it was either Jupiter or Saturn as pretty much all actual stars are outshone that time of morning with only planets and the moon visible.

Thought you would have one of those apps, my eldest is a science teacher and she is the one with the app on her phone, we often sit in the garden and look at the planets and stars through her iPhone and it names whatever you point it at, think it's a freebie as well??

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

We dipped down to -20°C overnight although it was around -8°C for the most of it. 6" of snow on the ground looked nice with a fullish moon but I'll be f*ck*d if I was walking around in it! :laugh:

I,d go out walking all night if we had that here, it's great on the few occasions it happens as everything stands out against the white background but acts as if you can't see it, probably get a bit boring if it was everyday but when it's once every few years I try to make the most of it 

24 minutes ago, Greyman said:

In truth mate don't have a clue, he,s another animal I rescued, I'd give him a lot of collie from his markings and behaviour he,s 24ats 21kilo and 5year old he had a bit of a colourful past and did,nt come to me until he was 18months old that's all I no ?

mate had first cross beddywhippet image of him. Black & white same. 

• Like 1