They all don't come good

17 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

yeah Str,exactly the same ,he got his 1st at 16 months in company,and the next 4 over a 2 month period ,then the next  he got 2 on his own ,one by accident after bolting it from a stream, it was softly softly in my view ,..he was a cur for sure...i of all people was praying he'd do well ,but there was no denying it ,he was a poor result of a fairly decent mating .

I would say you and few others on here that need a dedicated lurcher for Fox’s are in the minority most just run rabbits despite what they may say on here as you just don’t come across Fox’s every day and with that in mind I stand by what I say lots of good dogs are passed on because of there owners will never be dog men.

• Like 4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He be 10 year old now,had him out today....still a determined oul soul but his pace and speed hss diminished....sadens me to watch...trying to persuade the wife to find him a place on the sofa,but it

do you work with hunting dogs or just badly trained  petsStr?can ye make a  dog brave when he gets bit by a fox for the very first time? just asking  as my young dog (16 months old on his first fox )d

at one time my son worked sonic with a good hounds man on here ,he took a nice few foxes ,the only thing he lacked was biting power ,but he stayed till the job was done ,i dont do many foxes but when

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

yeah Str,exactly the same ,he got his 1st at 16 months in company,and the next 4 over a 2 month period ,then the next  he got 2 on his own ,one by accident after bolting it from a stream, it was softly softly in my view ,..he was a cur for sure...i of all people was praying he'd do well ,but there was no denying it ,he was a poor result of a fairly decent mating .

Myn was a hell of a dog for foxes he loved them, do them single week in week out but I wanted more than one trick pony. In fact I offered him on here with no takers 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Str said:

I would say you and few others on here that need a dedicated lurcher for Fox’s are in the minority most just run rabbits despite what they may say on here as you just don’t come across Fox’s every day and with that in mind I stand by what I say lots of good dogs are passed on because of there owners will never be dog men.

at one time my son worked sonic with a good hounds man on here ,he took a nice few foxes ,the only thing he lacked was biting power ,but he stayed till the job was done ,i dont do many foxes but when they pop up i expect a dog to take em down ,i prefer a bit of variety these days ,go for a stroll and see what i can find ,its the one thing i rarely do is pass a dog on ,i have done with one a few years ago knowing he was a good keen mutt on a variety of stuff and to this day hes still doing great things for his owner ,but i knew he had a life long home before i sent him..

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I reckon a lot of the yapping is from dogs not worked enough,getting too excited.I've had dogs do this after being layed up and have got dogs that yapped and after regular work calmed down.

Trust me you get dogs born to sing, I kept that dog for 2 seasons and he yapped from his first run to his last run with me.

I done everything [BANNED TEXT] entering him in my eyes as i have entered dogs the same way before him and after him and not one made a sound.

21 minutes ago, jcm said:

Trust me you get dogs born to sing, I kept that dog for 2 seasons and he yapped from his first run to his last run with me.

I done everything [BANNED TEXT] entering him in my eyes as i have entered dogs the same way before him and after him and not one made a sound.

I wouldn't of kept it either but I think some people are too quick to blame the dog,mainly hunters who get line bred workers and take them out once a month,not in your case obviously.

• Like 1