Max setting using .22 AA fields 18 gr from the shop about 32.5 ft/lbs  898 fps but can be tuned higher by one self ,or 930 fps with AA fields 15.9 gr 

The lowest I had mine in .22  9.8ft/lbs or there abouts 

.25 once again about 45ish ft/lbs with AA fields 25.4 gr from the shop and can be tuned higher as well 

lowest would be about 23ish ft/lbs with those pellets 

• Like 1

Nice one. I’m thinking the .22 would suit my needs better than .25 as I can achieve 47ft lbs with 29grain z langs in .22 rimfire and I wouldn’t shoot those upwards. 32 ft lbs and 15.9 grains however, is a far more viable option in that respect. More versatility in the .22 for me then I think. I’m going to have a better look at them at livens, but they’ve only got laminate in stock I think? I’m not a big fan of plywood stocks though ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Nice one. I’m thinking the .22 would suit my needs better than .25 as I can achieve 47ft lbs with 29grain z langs in .22 rimfire and I wouldn’t shoot those upwards. 32 ft lbs and 15.9 grains however, is a far more viable option in that respect. More versatility in the .22 for me then I think. I’m going to have a better look at them at livens, but they’ve only got laminate in stock I think? I’m not a big fan of plywood stocks though ?

In the field IMO laminate is a no ,no ,  ok for bench rest ,so either walnut or synthetic , I went for synthetic because IMO looks better ,cheaper , and if it gets knocked doesn't really matter I think I paid £1250 for mine 

• Like 2

What mounts you got rigged up v’man? That mag looks thicker than a thick cucumber segment... 

Properly lovin how FX designed the drop in the action to create a less high action.. thus allowing high mounts.

On 03/01/2019 at 18:10, villaman said:

Max setting using .22 AA fields 18 gr from the shop about 32.5 ft/lbs  898 fps but can be tuned higher by one self ,or 930 fps with AA fields 15.9 gr 

The lowest I had mine in .22  9.8ft/lbs or there abouts 

.25 once again about 45ish ft/lbs with AA fields 25.4 gr from the shop and can be tuned higher as well 

lowest would be about 23ish ft/lbs with those pellets 

Youv not used the impact much since you

got your crown Mitch looks like this crown of yours is your go to gun

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Youv not used the impact much since you

got your crown Mitch looks like this crown of yours is your go to gun

It is at the moment Jimmy , I just love it but come summer then the impact will be the one :thumbs:

On 06/01/2019 at 12:07, villaman said:

It is at the moment Jimmy , I just love it but come summer then the impact will be the one :thumbs:

The impact is good Mitch

but im struggling a bit with mine if im honest

love it mind iv had to adjust the butt pad so i can get eye re-leaf strait away 

i was struggling to get the scope picture strait off which has meant iv lost a few rabbits as they have taken off before i could get the shot away

as sean sayd the other night when we were out if that had been your hw100 you would of got them your faffing around to much with that rifle

and i even say,d to him if i still had my hw100 i dont think id use the impact again

yes the shot count is some thing else but a hw100 well what can you say

nothing

may be the bull pups are not for me

i need to get to the range and put a few hours into it

then make my mind up .

i all so say,d that this is the rifle i should of kept

and he agreed with me

pic below

GEDC1890.JPG

• Like 1

In sub12 I would 100% agree  with you on the HW100front ,but in FAC you have a job to beat FX impact , crown or wildcat .

When looking at FAC airguns as you know I looked at all different makes and models , in fact I even thought of buying a daystate ,but after handling the impact the weight difference sold it for me and with the ease to shoulder as well .

IMO scopes and height of scopes can be a lot to do with getting it on target straight off with the Impact , might be worth trying lower/higher mounts or a different scope .

I have 8-32-50 SF airmax on my impact ,but for me its not quite right ,tried my Discovery and what a difference ,comes to my eye straight away , so I will be buying another one for the impact , I think that's is why I may be shooting FX crown more :thumbs:

• Like 2

I can't agree more Mitch with your view here. I have to say that I prefer short rifles so the 110K suits me perfectly in sub 12 far more than the 100TK I used to own but that is just down to personal preference.

The FX rifles are without doubt fac market leaders which is understandable when you consider that most of their sales worldwide are fac based. I just wished I had the money to add the Crown .22 fac to my collection.

Interesting what you are saying about having the Impact with the correct mounts in order to get the most out of them as it is of course with every gun BUT the Impact will not perform for you unless the mounts are spot on. A perfect example, my local RFD had an almost new example which he took in part exchange because the bloke just couldn't get on with it. When I shouldered the gun, I couldn't see through the scope as he had used low mounts. A quick walk round the shop asking other people to try but nobody could use it as it was. Unless the owner was deformed, he wouldn't have been able to shoot it. £20 for some other mounts could have solved his issues.

Phil

• Like 1
18 hours ago, philpot said:

I can't agree more Mitch with your view here. I have to say that I prefer short rifles so the 110K suits me perfectly in sub 12 far more than the 100TK I used to own but that is just down to personal preference.

The FX rifles are without doubt fac market leaders which is understandable when you consider that most of their sales worldwide are fac based. I just wished I had the money to add the Crown .22 fac to my collection.

Interesting what you are saying about having the Impact with the correct mounts in order to get the most out of them as it is of course with every gun BUT the Impact will not perform for you unless the mounts are spot on. A perfect example, my local RFD had an almost new example which he took in part exchange because the bloke just couldn't get on with it. When I shouldered the gun, I couldn't see through the scope as he had used low mounts. A quick walk round the shop asking other people to try but nobody could use it as it was. Unless the owner was deformed, he wouldn't have been able to shoot it. £20 for some other mounts could have solved his issues.

Phil

Unless the owner was deformed, ???

• Haha 1