Strange pop up scams

This morning while on the forum my screen changed with a warning that looked like the apple web page saying I had Trojans and Viruses. Sent a scene shot to my son who is my Guru with problems he quickly told me its a scam. I think it was last week while on the forum scene changed to a Adobe Flash player down load which end up being Mac Cleaner I didn't down load any.

Any body else experiencing any think strange trying to down load or scam?

Cheers Arry

11 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Not had that Arry try doing a virus scan mate

Done a malware scan Chaff mate all clean its a scam of some kind. Deleted history then could not get back on the forum as forgot password Lol. It comes with age. Its fake so my lad recons. But its the second strange thing thats happened when I've been on the forum. 

Just warn people thats all

Cheers Arry

13 minutes ago, king said:

am i right in thinking apple mac/ipad are immune to viruses etc

I don't think thats quite true but never had a viruse  since I've had a Mac must be over ten years now.

Cheers Arry

it must be some kind of scam.do you use ccleaner.ive used it for years.gets rid of tracking files/cookies/internet cache/internet history.

i speak to software dev's regular and they recommend it.free download from filehippo i run it every time i shut down the lap top.takes 30/40 second's 

https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, king said:

it must be some kind of scam.do you use ccleaner.ive used it for years.gets rid of tracking files/cookies/internet cache/internet history.

i speak to software dev's regular and they recommend it.free download from filehippo i run it every time i shut down the lap top.takes 30/40 second's 

https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Cheers for that will look into it. I have Malwarbytes as Trojans cleaner.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

My iPad suddenly changed behaviour last week, never downloaded anything that I no of, but it now stores no history and signs me out every couple of minutes, the only thing I noticed was the border round the page turned black is there anyway of cleaning an iPad for idiots that anyone could recommend ??? 

I down loaded "Malwarebytes" back along. I scanned with that says I'm all clean, you could try that Greyman my son sent me the link will try and find it. I didn't click on any thing that you see on that screen shots as I had a feeling it was fake. Just rang my son (my guru for Macs) he confirm my feelings, told just to close the page. As I said deleted all history as well, this fecked me up as I then had to log in on the forum and could nor remember my pass work, after about ten try's cracked it. The other thing that happen while on the forum was Adobe wanted to update. I was just doing browsing when by its self change page to update page, so thinking was just an up date clicked on it which gave me an update package but the package was Mac cleaner, did not install. But both things happened while I was on the forum. Just thought I would warn you guys.

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

My iPad suddenly changed behaviour last week, never downloaded anything that I no of, but it now stores no history and signs me out every couple of minutes, the only thing I noticed was the border round the page turned black is there anyway of cleaning an iPad for idiots that anyone could recommend ??? 

This is what I have on my Mac book.

https://www.malwarebytes.com

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Greyman said:

Have you accidentally gone on an incognito browser ( don't know what apple calls theirs)

Just had the same pop up warn thing again. Its only happening on the forum. I think it may be coming from one of the pop up adds. Just looked in history. it goes from the Forum to "someadmedia.com" then to "securtycreative.com" I know its a scam but don't know what is triggering it on the forum.

Cheers Arry