Born Hunter

Vorn Rucksack

Bought this Lynx at The Game Fair this year. I stalk on shitty flinty woodland valleys where I regularly drop my shouldered/slinged rifle and frankly I was getting to the point I wanted to smash something. Frustrating!

This new ‘system’ is far better. Stable as, both hands free, bits and bobs stored on my person. Pricey I guess but it makes my time in the field less stressful! :laugh:

FFBD034E-935D-44A9-B072-400A7AE22C2B.jpeg

ED024F26-56C2-48FB-826A-A8EC8D593E4F.jpeg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tyla said:

It'll be handy for your NZ trip, is that all booked yet?

Officially got our tahr block. Not booked anything yet. Was gonna firm it up with him in the new year. Just bought a puffer jacket for those hours of sitting glassing and in the market for an appropriate sleeping bag.

But yeah I had NZ in mind when buying this. Ideal for a few other adventures I'm planning too.

• Like 2

I'm out there again in the spring, North Island this time though but if I get time might try and get back south too

4 hours ago, Tyla said:

I'm out there again in the spring, North Island this time though but if I get time might try and get back south too

Any sporting activities planned?

6 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Any sporting activities planned?

Absolutely! 3 weeks with the wife fishing and exploring then she goes home and my mate flys out for the next 3 weeks. That will be spent pig hunting, deer shooting and more fishing!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

No doubt they serve a purpose needed by some, fortunately, at that price, my deer land/stalking doesn't need it!

ATB! :thumbs:

On 04/12/2018 at 10:48, Born Hunter said:

Bought this Lynx at The Game Fair this year. I stalk on shitty flinty woodland valleys where I regularly drop my shouldered/slinged rifle and frankly I was getting to the point I wanted to smash something. Frustrating!

This new ‘system’ is far better. Stable as, both hands free, bits and bobs stored on my person. Pricey I guess but it makes my time in the field less stressful! :laugh:

FFBD034E-935D-44A9-B072-400A7AE22C2B.jpeg

ED024F26-56C2-48FB-826A-A8EC8D593E4F.jpeg

I like that stick

• Like 1

6 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

I like that stick

Cheers mate. It's one piece blackthorn. I'm going to try to cut a load more of a similar style this winter as a few people have commented.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 06:54, Born Hunter said:

Cheers mate. It's one piece blackthorn. I'm going to try to cut a load more of a similar style this winter as a few people have commented.

I might make something similar with this piece of hazel, been seasoning a while now

IMG_20181218_120702211_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I might make something similar with this piece of hazel, been seasoning a while now

IMG_20181218_120702211_HDR.jpg

Make a nice shillelagh if not!

• Haha 1