Yes it's official...... I am quickly becoming uk's top scoring hand striker......by Christ at last I've found something I'm good at.

Recently started shooting ttf with great results at first, finding better accuracy.

Using scout in left hand I'm striking the inside bottom left of the fork every now and again and occasionally my lower inner finger.

Im wrapping my finger and thumb around scout just under the cup.

I line bands up, keep catapult straight not angled.

Im obviously intermittently doing something wrong.

I know the fault is me and not the scout.

Any advice?

Are there any dedicated ttf catapults that would help me with this style of shooting?

shortstraw

On 22 November 2018 at 12:03, Shortstraw said:

Yes it's official...... I am quickly becoming uk's top scoring hand striker......by Christ at last I've found something I'm good at.

Recently started shooting ttf with great results at first, finding better accuracy.

Using scout in left hand I'm striking the inside bottom left of the fork every now and again and occasionally my lower inner finger.

Im wrapping my finger and thumb around scout just under the cup.

I line bands up, keep catapult straight not angled.

Im obviously intermittently doing something wrong.

I know the fault is me and not the scout.

Any advice?

Are there any dedicated ttf catapults that would help me with this style of shooting?

shortstraw

Try flicking the fork forward slightly as you release, like shooting a pickle  fork or wear a glove, I needed a quick running repair once and used cable ties at the pouch end, that made my eyes water, also check out the utube video,s loads of tutorial stuff on there and a picture says a 1000 words, but above all else keep practicing, you may use a few set ups until you find the ONE ??

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Try flicking the fork forward slightly as you release, like shooting a pickle  fork or wear a glove, I needed a quick running repair once and used cable ties at the pouch end, that made my eyes water, also check out the utube video,s loads of tutorial stuff on there and a picture says a 1000 words, but above all else keep practicing, you may use a few set ups until you find the ONE ??

Greyman.....thanks for taking the time to reply.

All good advice as usual. I believe I may have been altering the way I hold the pouch intermittently not realising. I changed my grip to hammer grip just for now until I get to grips with my technique.

I need to do some target practice. At the moment I'm just mooching about shooting whereas I really need to keep to a set distance to see what needs working on.

Are there any particular catapults you personally prefer for ttf?

Shortstraw

21 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Greyman.....thanks for taking the time to reply.

All good advice as usual. I believe I may have been altering the way I hold the pouch intermittently not realising. I changed my grip to hammer grip just for now until I get to grips with my technique.

I need to do some target practice. At the moment I'm just mooching about shooting whereas I really need to keep to a set distance to see what needs working on.

Are there any particular catapults you personally prefer for ttf?

Shortstraw

I prefer ott than ttf and tend to end up with a natty my fav fork is this one but I,m going to try it with some tubes or squares my fav shop bought ttf is the target sniper in small 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 26 November 2018 at 16:52, Greyman said:

I prefer ott than ttf and tend to end up with a natty my fav fork is this one but I,m going to try it with some tubes or squares my fav shop bought ttf is the target sniper in small 

Nice unusual natural. The natural I've got is ott, but at the moment I'm concentrating on the scout, however I'm really tempted to save up for the target sniper in small you have.....The grip really appeals to me.

wuyang

• 4 weeks later...