Winters here

21 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Stavross I was out with me pal today who lives your neck a woods an jist got his shotgun licence an he asked me to ask if yous do days on ye shoots an out so how much??

It’s a private members shoot so we don’t sell days, we do have guests on some of the shoot days but all them places are taken up this season, if anyone drops out and a space becomes available I’ll let you know, I’m easily bought with a good bottle of whisky ?

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s a private members shoot so we don’t sell days, we do have guests on some of the shoot days but all them places are taken up this season, if anyone drops out and a space becomes available I’ll let you know, I’m easily bought with a good bottle of whisky ?

Nice part of the world there mate, I was with my Mrs in the ‘Hare at Scawton’ last weekend.......great food, won’t be long before it gets a Michelin star......tasting menu had grouse and duck dishes....really good....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Stavross I was out with me pal today who lives your neck a woods an jist got his shotgun licence an he asked me to ask if yous do days on ye shoots an out so how much??

Icey wind and abit of sleet first thing up your way matey ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

That’s a very nice restaurant, I’ve been once, when we went you booked the table for the night so we had the full evening in there, I dread to think what the bill was 

That’s the one mate, took 4 hours to get through the menu, only half a dozen tables, 8 or 9 courses....was flagging towards the end...

• Like 1

So as I mentioned a bit earlier in the post, I can take the odd deer from the shoot land, a little while ago my mate contacted me to say there’s  a fallow buck up there with half his head gear missing and is on the list, he said he’s an older lad and would be a good one to remove, hope l can leave it for a few more weeks as it would be ideal for over the festive season 

not the best picture he sent me but you get the idea 

4B1E7A19-9747-40D2-AAFA-12FB52E03448.jpeg

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Underdog said:

That long hot summer seems an age away now!

14 hours ago, Stavross said:

Your not wrong, I was saying to my mate I was looking forward to the winter, but after working in it all day today the thought of 6 months of winter like last year makes me shiver

It was only  just over a week ago that it was 23c down here . Every year when it gets hot people moan about the heat. So what do most people do they have their holidays in the summer or go abroad for the sun.  And what have we got to look forward to.  Short days, cold, wet missed able weather. Roll on global warming.  Sod the cold weather.  I'd much rather be pigeon shooting over stubble than trying to keep warm on a wet drafty day. 

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Meece said:

It was only  just over a week ago that it was 23c down here . Every year when it gets hot people moan about the heat. So what do most people do they have their holidays in the summer or go abroad for the sun.  And whAt have we got to look forward to.  Short days, cold, wet missed able weather. Roll on global warming.  Sod the cold weather.  I'd much rather be pigeon shooting over stumble than trying to keep warm on a wet drafts day. 

Barrr humbug ?