whippet x bedlington coat and colours

I'm looking to buy a beddy/whippet pup and wondered if anyone had any advice about coat colours,  are they born black/brown and lighten or if its born with black coat likely to stay black.

also if rough coated would you know coat type at birth or do they develop this later.  I really love the ones that are rough coated that end up blue/grey. but I have no idea what this would look like as a puppy

thanks for any help or advice

12 minutes ago, Black neck said:

If you pinch it's tail and it squeals it might be rough coated and black but careful not to mistake a squeal for a squeak in witch case it be smooth and red

No problem 

I never had you down for a smart arse blacky lol.

21 hours ago, kellyfamily said:

I'm looking to buy a beddy/whippet pup and wondered if anyone had any advice about coat colours,  are they born black/brown and lighten or if its born with black coat likely to stay black.

also if rough coated would you know coat type at birth or do they develop this later.  I really love the ones that are rough coated that end up blue/grey. but I have no idea what this would look like as a puppy

thanks for any help or advice

Pick a black welp f1 should be rough and usually go steel grey blue.yall see the wisps of grey around the muzzle around eight weeks but what bearing this will have on performance feck knows hope this helps.atb bill