Tikka rimfire

Had a look at one yesterday in the gun shop .They had just come in .  Very short compared to my CZ , black plastic stock , looks like a really good tool . Still prefer the Weirauch . But it’s too nice , I’d be afraid to damage the wood . The Tikka has the edge for me now , at a little over £500 I can see them being the best selling rimfire before long . If you are in the market for a new rimfire , check out a Tikka 22lr and 17hmr . 

Not used one, actually not even seen one yet, but I have every expectation, it being a Tikka, it will be pretty reasonable.

Starting price is still £100-£150 ABOVE CZ and I'll bet it will be no more reliable, no more accurate and no more repeatable, so it will have an uphill job to establish itself.

I have no doubt it may be well made, use half decent wood/plastic, and some may suggest it looks better, but I'll be amazed if it performs any better.    

Some may well be prepared to pay the extra for aesthetics and why not, but my CZ's do the job just fine, they lack NOTHING for me and consistently put the shot where I want!

:thumbs:

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Deker said:

Not used one, actually not even seen one yet, but I have every expectation, it being a Tikka, it will be pretty reasonable.

Starting price is still £100-£150 ABOVE CZ and I'll bet it will be no more reliable, no more accurate and no more repeatable, so it will have an uphill job to establish itself.

I have no doubt it may be well made, use half decent wood/plastic, and some may suggest it looks better, but I'll be amazed if it performs any better.    

Some may well be prepared to pay the extra for aesthetics and why not, but my CZ's do the job just fine, they lack NOTHING for me and consistently put the shot where I want!

:thumbs:

I’m looking forward to seeing one of these new tikka’s, I don’t know if it’ll be any better than my cz though. I tried a t-bolt varmint recently. It was good, very accurate, but again, I’m not convinced that it’s any better than my cz452. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Had a look at one yesterday in the gun shop .They had just come in .  Very short compared to my CZ , black plastic stock , looks like a really good tool . Still prefer the Weirauch . But it’s too nice , I’d be afraid to damage the wood . The Tikka has the edge for me now , at a little over £500 I can see them being the best selling rimfire before long . If you are in the market for a new rimfire , check out a Tikka 22lr and 17hmr . 

Aren't they doing them in a proper rim fire cal then?

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I think they do 2 barrel lengths so you may have seen the short!

21 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Aren't they doing them in a proper rim fire cal then?

Only .22LR and HMR at the moment I think, no WMR!

• Sad 1

Longshanx has one in .17 and it’s a lovely bit of kit, it feels very centrefire the bolt looks like it came off a t3, it’s no better than the cz I’ve got but it’s a nice bit of bling for the cabinet 

we have them mice running scared UD ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Winter,s here Mice will move indoors ,gotta have something to shift em i suppose,only saying like :whistling:

22shot shells are better in the house than a long range mouse rifle.... when I say long range....as long as it's not to windy.....just saying ?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Stavross said:

Looks like mine will have to stay in it’s box today, it’s blowing a hoolie up here and there’s quite a draft coming under the front door

Another miss and a .17 size hole in the skirting board. Must get a draught excluder?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve got to admit the T1X 17 HMR is great rifle, handles really well.

Ive just put a Hawke Endurance 30sf 4-16x50 on mine, adds a bit of weight to the rifle with it being a 30mm tube but with T1X being a light rifle still feels good.

I have the CZ 445 in 22lr and for the price they are an excellent rifle.

But, nice to have bit of bling in your cupboard.?

2 hours ago, Longshanx said:

I’ve got to admit the T1X 17 HMR is great rifle, handles really well.

Ive just put a Hawke Endurance 30sf 4-16x50 on mine, adds a bit of weight to the rifle with it being a 30mm tube but with T1X being a light rifle still feels good.

I have the CZ 445 in 22lr and for the price they are an excellent rifle.

But, nice to have bit of bling in your cupboard.?

Are you back from your swinging convention ?