Air Weapon Petition.

14 minutes ago, neil82 said:

try writing in a question to any mag over the points I mentioned, save them a bit of cash and use a SAE, don`t hold your breath waiting for an answer, like I said they have their own agenda, they will not say what their stance is either on any forum or their editorial pages. All this confuses the hell out of me, they want to maximise their adverts to get cash coming in but the more legislation that attacks airgunners reduces possible sales so reduces money that the manufacturers could spend on adverts, eventually they will vanish along with our shooting rights

Love this my man. I agree and also don’t really care that much about it. I like the mags for when I’m dying of boredom, but don’t really care about anything in them, it’s all like 3 months old inside. All they do is replicate articles. Jesus, the amount of times I’ve seen the article ‘how to mount a scope’ is like double figures. And it’s the same f****r doing it... the bloody editor. On his R10. Most of the sent in questions too are from literally vegetables... “what is a sporter stock?, what’s is cant?, is it ok to carry my airgun in public?” I mean, for god sake. It’s like they make it up. And bloody hell have I seen enough of the smug face of Matt f’kin manning. What a ? he is. Absolutely sums up media, journalists and anyone that gets there tac’ol licked by the manufacturers. 

Anyway, how about I take a little screen capture of that reply of yours and wing it to the magazine... would you be alright with that? I’d would be great to ruffle a few feathers and literally point out how disconnect the media of airguns is with the real population of shooters. 

Lets see what they say... ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rez said:

Love this my man and I agree and also don’t really care that much about it. I like the mags, but don’t really care about anything in them, it’s all like 3 months old. All the do is replicate articles. Jesus, the amount of times I’ve seen the article ‘how to mount a scope’ is like double figures. And it’s the same f****r doing it... the bloody editor. On his R10. And bloody hell have I seen enough of the smug face of Matt f’kin manning. What a ? he is. Absolutely sums up media, journalists and anyone that gets there tac’ol licked by the manufacturers. 

Anyway, how about I take a little screen capture of that reply of yours and wing it to the magazine... would you be alright with that? I’d would be great to ruffle a few feathers and literally point out how disconnect the media of airguns is with the real population of shooters. 

Lets see what they say... ?

by all means post it to the mags, be interesting if you get any sort of reply,  doubt if you will get anything either in print (in the mags) or as an e-mail

• Like 1
1 minute ago, neil82 said:

by all means post it to the mags, be interesting if you get any sort of reply,  doubt if you will get anything either in print (in the mags) or as an e-mail

Will keep you informed. Ya might be famous this time next month.

I would think air guns are not going to be with us much longer , if our own side uses the NEWSPEAK term AIR WEAPON when discriping air guns . Using the term AIR WEAPON you have already lost your arguement , and are now using the newspeak term as it was intended .General air weapon Discussion

Edited by barrywhite
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, barrywhite said:

I would think air guns are not going to be with us much longer , if our own side uses the NEWSPEAK term AIR WEAPON when discriping air guns . Using the term AIR WEAPON you have already lost your arguement , and are now using the newspeak term as it was intended .General air weapon Discussion

My sentiments exactly.............

weapon
ˈwɛp(ə)n/
noun
noun: weapon; plural noun: weapons
  1. a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.
    "nuclear weapons"
    • a means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest.
      "resignation threats had long been a weapon in his armoury"

rifle1
      ˈrʌɪf(ə)l/
      noun
      noun: rifle; plural noun: rifles
      1. 1.
        a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel intended to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.
        "a hunting rifle"
        • troops armed with rifles.
          "the Burma Rifles"
      verb
      verb: rifle; 3rd person present: rifles; past tense: rifled; past participle: rifled; gerund or present participle: rifling
      1. 1.
        make spiral grooves in (a gun or its barrel or bore) to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.
        "a line of replacement rifled barrels"

38 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

My sentiments exactly.............

weapon
ˈwɛp(ə)n/
noun
noun: weapon; plural noun: weapons
  1. a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.
    "nuclear weapons"
    • a means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest.
      "resignation threats had long been a weapon in his armoury"

rifle1
      ˈrʌɪf(ə)l/
      noun
      noun: rifle; plural noun: rifles
      1. 1.
        a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel intended to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.
        "a hunting rifle"
        • troops armed with rifles.
          "the Burma Rifles"
      verb
      verb: rifle; 3rd person present: rifles; past tense: rifled; past participle: rifled; gerund or present participle: rifling
      1. 1.
        make spiral grooves in (a gun or its barrel or bore) to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.
        "a line of replacement rifled barrels"

Love how you spent the time formatting this Jon ?

• Haha 1

Ban U18s on private land ? WHY ?!?

I've signed and I'll pass this on to all my members. I don't think it would immediately effect the club setting, but every wedge has a thin end ! I've also posted the link to our FB group, and I'm sure the whole club will back it.

We have kids as young as 9 come along, and many adult members who have been shooting since that age - I'd hate to see a single person put off the sport, due to some badly thought-out, completely unnecessary legislation.

• Like 1

not being nasty folks but no one gave a toss about the scottish air gun scheme being implemented , their was a heap of us making alot of noise up here but the noises we got back from south of the border were   " oh they will never try that here " well its coming your way next guys and unless we ALL get together as one and do something their wont be any one coming up into the sport and it will be soooo difficult to get an airgun that folks wont bother ,,  

its easyer to get a frickin shot gun licence up here than it is to get an airgun one ,,, 

fingers out guys signing an on line petition wont do jack shit , go to your MP send them letters emails 

GET ON WITH IT 

• Thanks 1