Stand your ground law?

56 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

hell yeah ..after watching her ,,id wanna ride her all night long ...what a turn on ,,a woman with no fear of dealing with an unsavoury situation ...id marry her no problem ,lol

In a fantasy world of strong women I couldn’t go past xena. ???..

B5B4F69C-A0FA-4753-8E09-9E95B5FED673.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your f***ing all joking aren’t you ?    If thstvwas was two black gsngbangers from Compton doing that , what would you say ?  Imho they should just have been pinched and strapped to the

theres no excuse for that shit ,,the guy ranting was unarmed ,,the son and father were both armed ,,they could  easily have called the law and let them deal with it ,,they were intent on standing thei

Update The Bellies have been re-arrested and their bond has been increased from $25,000 each to $250,000 each. Abilene Police Department filed a Motion of Insufficiency of Bond on the basis that

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

hell yeah ..after watching her ,,id wanna ride her all night long ...what a turn on ,,a woman with no fear of dealing with an unsavoury situation ...id marry her no problem ,lol

yea me too haha, but god help any man that pisses her off in here premenstural mood swings lol

6 hours ago, jiggy said:

Before he was shot he said give me that gun? Was he talking to his brother or hillbillys?

Who knows? That's my point about making life and death decisions based on a two-minute video uploaded to the internet.

6 hours ago, baker boy said:

Can only imagine the uproar if it had been a few white lads beating up a shitskin.

The point is should he be allowed to defend himself up to and including lethal force? At what point are you allowed to stand your ground?

The fact there isn't an uproar should have its own thread but I was using that video to illustrate a point about threat escalation.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Of course he should be allowed to defend himself, If I was on a jury and 5 seconds after that video clip he'd shot the lot of them he'd get a not guilty of murder on the grounds of self defence from me

That's the crux of it though, wouldn't you agree? To the individual that will sit on a jury (in both counts), you will weigh the evidence and make the decision. Some will convict some will acquit but only in one country are you allowed to defend yourself in a way that will equalize force with physically superior assailants.

Again I'm not necessarily excusing the original clip based on the current information but how many will honestly negate the right to use lethal force in self-defence if the circumstance demands it?

7 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Yep, thats the problem with 2 min internet clips you'll only get a narrow view of whats gone on, and I for 1 am 100% in favour of lethal force for genuine self defence

Me too, mate. :thumbs:

If the Bellies were in the right we'll see eventually. Likewise the wrong. As for the traffic warden incident when seconds count the police are only minutes away. I believe he'd have been in the right to exercise his rights, based on what I've seen, but British law would probably lock me up and throw away the key. Not enough focus on that distortion, IMHO.

Edited by ChrisJones
Clarity
On 23/09/2018 at 16:22, ChrisJones said:

Who knows? That's my point about making life and death decisions based on a two-minute video uploaded to the internet.

The point is should he be allowed to defend himself up to and including lethal force? At what point are you allowed to stand your ground?

The fact there isn't an uproar should have its own thread but I was using that video to illustrate a point about threat escalation.

Too be fair you aren't judgemental either way and I'm not either but who knows what that guy was reaching for outside the footage. I distinctly heard him say give me that gun. Maybe he was talking to his brother or wife or maybe the hillbillys but I can't be sure and neither can anybody else. After that it's just opinions and not facts.

• Like 1

Update

The Bellies have been re-arrested and their bond has been increased from $25,000 each to $250,000 each. Abilene Police Department filed a Motion of Insufficiency of Bond on the basis that it wasn't sufficient and concerns from the community.

Further information was that Orange raised a baseball bat, whilst off camera (and 7 feet away), and Older Belly shot him twice. Orange then threw the bat at Older Belly.

Younger Belly then shot the now unarmed Orange with the shotgun. Older Belly shot him twice more. Orange was still alive in the clip and died from his injuries on the way to the hospital. COD was recorded as gunshot and shotgun wounds to the chest he also sustained gunshot wounds to the right arm. He wasn't shot in the back.

The report hints that this wasn't an isolated case and the neighbours had been rowing for a period of time before the fatal incident.

It's still too hard to call based on the information. The first shots might be justifiable based on Orange being armed with the bat and well within striking distance. The shots fired after he was unarmed leading up to the fatality are probably going to see the Bellies serve lengthy jail sentences.

Again. Time will tell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2